The variable J varies jointly as the square of H and as the cube root of A, and it varies inversely as S. What happens to J when H is doubled, A is multiplied by 8, and S is multiplied by 4?
williamcaprine williamcaprine 13-15, F 7 Answers Jun 5 in Community

Math, the road less travelled

Best Answer

The scenic road. Only the experienced drivers can take this path of extreme beauty.

Best Answer

Youvsound a lot like my brother. He just graduated from college with a degree in mechanical engineering and will be going on to get his doctorate. He tells me, "Calculus opens up a whole new horizon. You can do anything with it!" And he takes his calculus book with him on long plane rides.

Best Answer

Why do you need a calculus book once you've learned it?

Best Answer

So you can reread it and erfect your knowledge. You don't know everything in Calculus2 after only one reading.

Best Answer

It doubles.

Best Answer

Thank you! You are the first to actually give the answer.

Best Answer

You're welcome :)

Best Answer

overheating in my brain , that´s what happens

Best Answer

You're telling me.

Best Answer

The question sounds incomplete. Was their a diagram to go with it?

Best Answer

Nope. That's all you need to know to find the answer.

Best Answer

I will ponder on it. I am a chartered engineer and I carry out complex calculations a lot, but they relate to a real situation. These exam type questions are outside my comfort zone!

Best Answer

It is so much easier when they give you numbers!

Best Answer

That's what I normally deal with. I frequently use whole small numbers in my mind, to discover the relationship that exists between them!

Best Answer

That does make it easier.

Best Answer

I do. But I only tell people HOW to solve a problem TYPE. I don't do their homework.

Best Answer

I already know the answer.

Best Answer

Then why are you asking it?

Best Answer

Just tosee how many people remember this kind of thing past highschool.

Best Answer

I'm in high school, but I learned this in 6th grade o.o xD But I mean... What else did you expect from someone called "MathematicallyMindedFractal?" xD

Best Answer

I am ahead of myself in math too. I'm doing pre cal in 9th

Best Answer

I would have done that, too, but I wasn't there to take the EIC in 6th grade, and as such, could not take Algebra 1 in 7th. I ended up taking Geometry online in 8th alongside Geometry, and got put into Algebra 2 in 9th. A similar thing happened in 10th. My precalc teacher hated me, and didn't let me go to calculus this past year. Nie while I love statistics, I now can't take Calculus BC my senior year. I'm technically not even allowed to take AB next year, but I'm going to beg my guidance counselor.

Best Answer

That is the great thing about being homeschooled: we get to advance at our own pace.

Best Answer

:P yup. I teach myself a lot of math. I know calculus, topology, fractal geometry, and more x3

Best Answer

Yes, it's called doing you own homework.

Best Answer

I already did it. But how many people actually remember how to do this stuff out of highschool?

Best Answer

Unless you are planning on going into a field of work that requires you to know this; you will not need to remember yourself.

Best Answer

So why learn it? I mean, it's easy enough to do it with numbers, but letters? What's the point?

Best Answer

Word problems are supposed to get you to think more about the problem.

Best Answer

Because it's extremely important, and none of us want a world filled with imbeciles that cannot do simple math.

Best Answer