mojorising mojorising 51-55, F 12 Answers May 1, 2011

I was fishing once and found an antique whiskey bottle. It took awhile to clean out the algae but it's quite interesting.

Best Answer

Hi
The algae must have made hard drinking lol

BIo

Best Answer

Im an antique :) haahhahahahaaa

Best Answer

Yes. Unfortunately we generally can't afford the real thing, so we have reproductions of lots of things like Chiparaux(sp?) statues

Best Answer

Hi
I will not touch a reproduction my things come from junk shops thrift shops and also throw out too.
Mine is a hobby I love do the second hand markets too.

BIo

Best Answer

yes .very much but i think it can carry "mojo" or emotional imprints. aparently billy bob thorntons psychic momma told him he should never live with antiques ; )

Best Answer

Hi
Funny a lot of people think like that but demons and curses do not bother me.
I am that unlucky I would not notice

Bio

Best Answer

no

Best Answer

Yes, I think it gives you some ties to the past and family. My dad just recently gave me his grandfather's old packet watch and I intend to pass it to my son. I have also inherited a piano that I dearly love. My mother has collected a lot of glass items over the years and my dad is a Civil War and railroading enthusiast and has tons of old currency and weapons and ... you name it.

Best Answer

Hi
I just picked up a piece in very good condition from the Boar War junk shop find but pottery so had to wrap and store it is a match striker and one of the first batch ever made.

BIo

Best Answer

I can appreciate it but I prefer contemporary in my house.

Best Answer

About 8 years ago. I had my own Antique Store,I was so in love with them,and I had many moderen day uses for them also.Since then my husband passed and I sold most of them,and down sized.I still like to go to the Antique Malls and spend time looking at all their beauty and get ideas.

Best Answer

Hi
you are so right I have Antique kitchen ware and still use the old dripping container and I have the old waffle irons too
My spiders are vintage too ( kitchen equip) much better than the versions used now days

Bio

Best Answer

I'm most drawn to antique photography...cabinet cards, tintypes, carte de visites, daguerreotypes...that sort of thing.

Best Answer

Hi
Apart from the photographs the other things are pretty hard to come by now.
The old card Christmas and birthday card Victoriana are nice too but I would not keep too delicate.

Bio

Best Answer

Hi
yes been a collector for years go look at my pics mostly brass this lot but have a lot more of other things too
Are you interested in doing a gallery of your collection and sharing on EP

Best Answer

My collection is more odd things in precious or semi precious metals
Mostly throw outs I have researched and brought back to former glory

But am going to try some metal detecting when weather warms

BIo

Best Answer