based on the history of this world, capitalism is the ONLY way to prosperity, that's why America is the greatest country. I don't understand why anybody would choose socialism over capitalism. I am posting this question to help me understand the latest trent in America. Thanks for all the replies, Those who don't believe in capitalism please compare Texas and California and you will get a better idea.
rchatto rchatto 46-50, M 9 Answers Nov 27, 2012 in Politics

There is no perfect system, except in theory. However, capitalism is the best that there is in an imperfect world. Socialism doesn't work because nobody prospers except the government, who takes most of your money. In capitalism, anyone has a shot at doing better for themselves if they are willing to take a chance and do hard work. In socialism, nobody is motivated to excel because if you work just enough or very hard the result is the same-the government swoops in and takes what you make and gives it so someone else who isn't working as hard as you are. It's easier just to slack off and wait for the government check to roll in. There is no incentive to succeed in socialism. The quality of everyone's life suffers because there is no reward for striving for excellence. There is eventually no upper class from whom you can "tax more" to give to the poor because they stop trying to achieve and fall to lower and lower incomes, taking the poor down even further. It just doesn't work.

Best Answer

they are both evil...capitalism cannot be pure capitalism without extream damage to the lower classes and socialism as yet to work so far in the world ...what it comes down to in any society is Greed is the killer all through history its in our nature it happens the rich want to be richer ...unions have their own faults aswell but the greed at the top is always there no matter what...Woe to the rich blessed be the poor ....just sayin

Best Answer

I enjoy a bit of capitalism in every breath. I like having to deal with markets that change rather than beauracracies that do not.

Best Answer

Where did you get the Idea that America was still a capitalist country?? You stopped being capitalists the day the Government started bailing out the "Too Big To Fails" ...and you blew right by Socialist..straight into a Fascist country.

Capitalism: If you make money, you keep it. If you lose money, you live with that debt. Freedom means the freedom to fail as well as succeed and the responsibility to live with that failure.

Socialism (Communism): If you make money, it is taxed away to benefit society. If you lose money, society is taxed to cover the losses.

Fascism: If you make money, you keep it. If you lose money, society is taxed to cover the losses.

Best Answer

I'm a lassezfaire capitalist

Best Answer

Capitalism doesn't work, because the investors prosper at the expense of the working class, who become the poor. Socialism doesn't work, because it punishes those who have reaped the profits of the people they've robbed by confiscating their wealth and redistributing it to the Special Interest Groups. I'd like to try Marxism for awhile. The idea of the person on the floor, manufacturing the product keeping the lions share of the profits from the sale he labored to produce sounds good to me. If those who desire to be wealthy want to get rich, they roll up their sleeves and work just like everybody else, rather than through the corruption of capitalism.

Best Answer

To me they're just two sides of the same coin and extremes almost never work. Capitalism takes a more pragmatic approach, while socialism takes a more idealistic approach, and reality always meets somewhere in the middle.

Best Answer