My mother really hates Fantasy books. I'm really into fantasy, so I find that hard to understand. I'm curious to know if there are more people like her out there, and if so, I'm even more curious after their reasons. Please? I'm just trying to gain insight in my family...
Quantumphysica Quantumphysica 18-21, F 13 Answers Nov 4, 2013 in Books

yeah. sometimes its really bad quality though

Best Answer

Yes, I do. Fantasy and Sci-Fi books are probably my favorite. I also like to watch the Sci-fi channel. It's like this whole didn't world that is unlimited when it comes to imagination. I love how someone could take something and create something to wonderful and mysterious about it.

Best Answer

I loved SciFi and fantasy as a kid and I guess that appreciation has never really gone away!

Best Answer

I much prefer to read non-fiction.

Best Answer

Why? And what exactly do you mean with non-fiction; informational books (without storyline), or books with true stories?

Best Answer

I prefer to read about physics, higher levels of math such as non-euclidean geometry, set theory, astrophysics, quantum mechanics ... those sorts of things. Why? Because Nature's secrets reveal sorts of things that are infinitely more marvelous than the imaginings of science fiction and other fictional writers.

Best Answer

Now that is something I can understand. Thank you for your answer. I also very much enjoy that type of non-fiction. ;)

Best Answer

I am more than happy to have received your lucid reply.

Best Answer

Unlike you - my family at first exposed me to it as a kid - then said I was wierd once I was hooked to the exlusion of 'sensible topics'. I think people worry or judge what they dont understand.

Follow what you love - if it makes you happy ultimately others will be happy for you, because you are happy!

PS: when my mum died you wouldnt believe the fantasy collection she left me. the closet lovers are everywhere!

Best Answer

Paranormal and conspiracies. I wanted this to be a real deal.

Best Answer

these*

Best Answer

I like some fantasy but most of it no so much of it is way to much to believe so I can't get my mind into it but there was some i did like

quantum leap and some other time travel ones that were not to bad

Best Answer

Yes love sci fi fantasy fiction most if not all of today's tech was inspired by sci fi.

Best Answer

I'm more into realism. Those books can be very happy at first, and end in a scaring, horrifying way.

It's reality.

Best Answer

I really enjoy fantasy and sci-fi. It can be a fun release from the stresses of "reality".

Best Answer

Depends.. if it has a good story line then I think i'd read it and enjoy

Best Answer

I'm more into Science Fiction but I'm finding it hard to get into modern authors, I like the classics more.

Best Answer