superficialife superficialife 22-25, F 5 Answers Feb 9, 2013 in Community

Most people are like that, even family members. There are a few people, at least, who are capable of unconditional love. I'd like to think I'm one of them, but there's no way to be sure without having tested it.

Best Answer

What do you mean by unconditional love? Someone who would still love you even if you were to kill them?
In that case wouldn't they just have a deep satisfaction in their senses caused by you, so all we do is ultimately self-serving?

Best Answer

Basically we're all self-serving. Our capacity to socialize exists because it increases our odds of survival, as I'm sure you know. More social intricacies were piled on top to increase stability and shunt our lives down certain paths, such as love and friendship. Having said that, since these social and biological constructs exist now, I assign them the same meaning that they held traditionally. Imo, it doesn't matter if love is ultimately self-serving, because the emotion still exists and humans tend to enjoy it. That's my point of view.

Best Answer

Yes our odds of survival and feeling entertained or less bored.
So they are constructs made up by mankind to enable livelihood?
But the feeling of "love" can so easily change when the person you thought you "loved" constantly contradicts you, disappoints you, or takes you for granted.
Is there another word you would use instead of "love"?

Best Answer

I didn't necessarily mean love and friendship are constructs of mankind. They're a mix of constructs of both mankind and evolution.
I guess I'm not sure what you're asking. I believe love exists, but only in the sense that it's a biological and social construct. I don't think this devalues it, however.

Best Answer

Not at all... Most people seek to distort love and pride into obedience and service, though it can go beyond that. It really depends on the situation, it's hard to call where the self-serving ends, when it's something like the happiness of someone else that makes you the happiest of all. Most love comes down to sharing, sharing feelings, secrets, pain, property, goals.. Sharing is caring is actually pretty damn spot on lol. The goal is to find a relationship with someone where both of you benefit from sharing your lives together as one to achieve a level of happiness unattainable individually, symbiosis.

Best Answer

I miss my grandma

Best Answer

Lol. Sums it up

Best Answer

I don't think that's true

Best Answer