flipper1966 flipper1966 56-60, M 14 Answers Dec 4, 2012 in Hobbies

I absolutely love Burt Bacharach... and Henry Mancini giggles

Best Answer

I think his songs have held up pretty well.

Best Answer

yes i do...i don't believe music dates..music is music, songs are songs.

Best Answer

Can't even hear them in elevators anymore. What a talent though.

Best Answer

Yes, I like Burt Bacharach tunes. Always have.

Best Answer

Very dated and over-played in my own opinion. They were good songs for their time, for sure, but I don't enjoy hearing them now. Dusty Springfield did some good renditions of them, in her time

Best Answer

welllll...now that you mention it. Some of his songs are kind of interesting from a rythmic standpoint. Also, he and Hal David almost completely eschewed the standard form of popular songs. I think at his best, he was an innovator who had the spirit of the times: All the music from "Promises, Promises" or a song like "Alfie" But I think he had a kind of Banal side too, and some things like "Raindrops..." or "San Jose" verge on crap. Oh, and he nailed Angie Dickinson...that's gotta count for something

Best Answer

Of course, they are dated, but that does not diminish their brilliance. When I talk to my kids about having bands, I ask them to consider covering some of the greats like him. They can change the arrangement of a great song and practically make it their own because so few songs get passed along for more than a decade or two.

Best Answer

I liked them a wee-bit at the time, but especially those that Dionne Warwick sang.

Best Answer

Do you know the way to San Jose ?

Best Answer

Still good. He is a talented songwriter for sure.<br />
Dated or not has everything to do with the arrangement and the way a song is performed.

Best Answer

Who?

Best Answer

Do you know the way to San Jose? Rain drops keep falling on my head?

Best Answer