I don't remember what this thing is called, but I tried it at a Spanish bar I went to to grab a bit to eat and warm up after almost freezing to death. In March. LOL Anyways, its baguette, cut diagonal in pretty large but not too thick pieces, with combo of fried mushrooms and ham on top, sprinkled with cheese, and baked for a few minutes. Just repeated it at home. It turned out awesome!!
SunnySmile SunnySmile 31-35, F 8 Answers Mar 11, 2013 in Food

I guess what you had is called a tostada. Very tasty!<br />
Yes, I get like to get inspiration from restaurants too. The best one I've done, I think, is a soufflé. I learnt the principle of making soufflés from a French cookery book (a passion fruit one), but I had an amazing chocolate and pistachio soufflé in a restaurant once which I wanted to make.<br />
It took me a couple of goes to get it right at home, but now it's one of my favourite desserts to cook if I'm entertaining. Really fab!

Best Answer

oh souffle isn't an easy one to make! good for you! :D well, I looked up tostada and from the pics I see its made on a tortilla or something simillar, but the one I had was actually on a baguette and had no fresh veg on it, just cooked goodies.

Best Answer

Ah, I think what you saw just now when you looked it up was a Mexican tostada, not a Spanish tostada. Very inconsiderate of them to use the same name for something different ;-)
Try searching something like - Tostada de Setas y Aliloli. Then you shouild see Spanish ones!
The funny thing about soufflés is that they're actually not as difficult to make as chefs like to pretend. The only real trick which the cook books don't tell you is that you have to undercook them rather than overcook them. So, the second you feel they've risen, you have to take them out of the oven or they'll overcook and not taste right.

Best Answer

really? and I thought that if you take them out too early they'll drop. interesting! thanks for sharing :) oooh yes!! that's exactly what I've had :D

Best Answer

Pleasure! It was a great question ;-)

Best Answer

thanks :D

Best Answer

Several years ago I have ordered chivice while on vacation in Key West. It was so delicious that I engaged the waiter in a conversation about the ingredients in the dish. once I got back home I looked on the computer for different recipes I found a couple that I liked, mix the ingredients together I made the best chivice ever. I still make it to this day!

Best Answer

Chiken Galanga and Thai Shrimp noodle with peanuts and spring beans. <br />
My noodles were better than at a Thai restaurant in Arizona.

Best Answer

ooh sounds yum :)

Best Answer

Mc McDonald s was easy but pizza hut was a struggle

Best Answer

hehehe

Best Answer

yes, i try to make few things, and it works out well...

Best Answer

can you share an example or two? :)

Best Answer

Lasagne and some indian dishes.

Best Answer

I try to make somethings. I love to cook and create. Sometimes though its just fun to go out to eat certain dishes : )

Best Answer

true :) but in a while I get curious if I can make the same dish at home, especially if its something I really like :))

Best Answer