I'm in Scotland and we get really rough winters at times. Yet the people and our leaders never seem prepared! Are you vigilant in the cold weather? Do you prepare? Or do you leave it to the fates?
LadyOfTheFright LadyOfTheFright 26-30, F 13 Answers Nov 30, 2012 in Education

My generator has been tested this week. I have firewood to heat, and cook with. I have a month worth of frozen groceries. I am ready for winter.<br />
Ice storms, with damaged power distribution, cause most of the winter emergencies, in my area.

Best Answer

It has been very warm here, it always is. So warm people from all over the country come to spend their winters here. The only real preparations needed are to cautious about the elderly who come to visit and the way they drive.

Best Answer

Nah it won't get below freezing more than a few weeks. Sometimes we'll have ice hanging around making the roads slick so it's good if you have some vacation time built up because people can't drive around here if there's a thinnest bit of ice on the roads.

Best Answer

We live in the Midwestern part of the US. We can have pretty severe winters. We make sure our home is as "tight" as possible .. no cold air leaks. We protect any outdoor plants that are sensitive. Pull out the warm clothes, winterize the car, find the old snow blower and shovels and sit tight.

Best Answer

I fill my truck up with gas, get the oil changed, load it up and drive to Huntington Beach where the average temp is 75....LOL

Best Answer

Gotta prepare for the snow so snow boots & tires also gloves, jackets and the shovel

Best Answer

I do something to pond water and take the kids skating!

Best Answer

I can tell it is winter, when I need to dig my gloves, out of my jacket pocket lol

Best Answer

buy heavy duty socks....... I hate to have cold toes

Best Answer