Chocolategirl18 Chocolategirl18 18-21, F 28 Answers Jan 11, 2013 in Youth

I will be homeschooling my kids. Not only is the education system less-than-effective, I don't want my kids around other kids with all their negative vibes, and I don't want them coming home feeling bad about themselves and wanting to do all the bad stuff kids in school want.

Best Answer

couldn't agree more

Best Answer

Private. I want my children to go to a Catholic school, not a public school where they don't allow you to express that there is religion at all.

Best Answer

I was raised in a private catholic school, I turned out ok

Best Answer

Public. I want me children to be able to deal with all of society, not just the greedy money types.

Best Answer

NO! Home School Only.

Best Answer

Understood

Best Answer

Private school, if not Homeschooled. All of the kids I have known and watched go to public school end up being corrupted into society's way of thinking. It's revolting.

Best Answer

My daughter is attending a private school and I am very pleased about that.

Best Answer

There are definite benifits to the private or home school systems. The public system has far too may problems, as we have seen in the news with violence, killing, bullying etc.

It would concern me what my children would be taught in the public system.

Best Answer

Private or Catholic schools where they can and will be corrected paddle included.

Best Answer

My kids will be home schooled

Best Answer

Oh this is going to give me a headache in a few years... Of course I have a son which I think makes it a little easier to bear... I think I want a public school just because I want my son to learn early on how crazy and unfair society can be and how to deal with it in a somewhat safe environment... The downside is that the education is no where near as good in public schools around here... So I feel like I'd be depriving him of that... Good question... I'm going to hopefully be enlightened by the responses from parents who have already made this choice...

Best Answer

Ours went to local schools (general public), went on to Uni, gained their Degrees, & enjoy good careers. Their kids are doing exactly the same, very successfully so far. We wouldn't recommend expensive private education here in the UK.

Best Answer

I went to both public and private schools and learn a lot from both. one of my children went to private school from the 6th grade on, the other two went to public school. All got great educations. They just had different needs.

Best Answer

Depends where I live,and what sort of access I have to either of them. Back in high school i had the opportunity to pick between public, public catholic, and private. What i realized was that there's bad public&bad private. The private ones I had access to didn't seem to be worth the money. A family friend who's kid went to one got really screwed over by a private school, his brother turned out fine. I tried the catholic public for a bit but wasn't a fan of some of their methods. So finally I settled on public, which wasn't fantastic but it wasn't the worst of the three options I had.

Best Answer

I sent my children to private school ... And I am very satisfied that I did

Best Answer

My daughters are graduates of the public school system. A major reason behind where their mother and I chose to purchase our home was the quality of the school district. We chose well and they did well.

Best Answer

It's all theory for me, but it depends on where I lived. City public schools (some of them, not all) aren't cared for as well as the suburb public schools tend to be.

Best Answer

Public School. You learn just as much out of the classroom as you do in it.

Best Answer

yeah how to have sex and dirty mouth by 8th grade

Best Answer

I'd raise my kids to be better than that ;)

Best Answer

Yes, school is required and I don't have the financial capacity to be a stay at home mom-teacher.

I think kids need to learn how to deal with others in a real life situation anyway... Someday they'll have to hold a job outside the home and deal with people in public (like coworkers and customers, etc) They need to know they are not 'special '

Best Answer