Mine are long to the point where people think they are fake..I'm not sure if I like them or am annoyed with them...
JaneGirl7 JaneGirl7 18-21, F 19 Answers Oct 6, 2012 in Community

I perfer my nails to be short, down to the tips of the finger. Since that I draw, play the piano and the guitar and on the computer alot. I think that it works great for me. It bothers me when they get past the tip of the fingers.

Best Answer

different strokes. If it works for you, then fine..

Best Answer

Short..easier to text :3

Best Answer

Short nails, WHY? I am glad you asked. <br />
Ladies with long nails:<br />
1) Are afraid they will break them, so they do not want to do some activities.<br />
2) Long nails harbor bacteria, germs, virus, and flora that may lead to infections.<br />
3) Long nails prevent the proper use of your finger on many things such as the keyboard, or holding a coffee cup, etc.<br />
4) The time, effort, and expence in painting them.<br />
Basically I do not want a lady that is more worried about her nails than she is me.

Best Answer

Interesting concept...I wonder what it's like to worry about one's nails all of the time.

Best Answer

i wonder also... I have so far not seen any women who have long nails walking down the street looking worry about their nails while walking, or having them wrapped in bubble wrap all all time.

Best Answer

how do you know that they are scared to do things? you know any ladies who have long nails whocan only survive if they have maids and butlers to tend to their every whim? And how do you know long nails harbor bacteria? Shorter nails in my mind can harbor even more bacteria and such, because woman with shorter nails TEND to not care for their nails as much as a woman who has longer nails. And certainly have not heard of any woman with long nails contracting an infection because they had long nails. And they cannot use a keyboard properly? Really now, I know women with long nails who type faster than I do, faster than you more likely. So next time you answer, make sure you know what you are talking about before making baseless and factless assumptions...

Best Answer

Have you ever been playing Volly ball with those nails?
How about rock climbing? Yes I know ladies that do both of those activites. They like camping, hiking, and a lot of other out door activites. But none of them have long nails because they would be broken off.

Best Answer

OK - so you know, I was a Navy Hospital Corpsman, And civilian EMT-M and Certified Cardiology Tech. I worked in the local Medical / trauma center for several years.
YOUR NAILS HARBOR BACTERIA, GERMS, VIRUS, etc. Why do you think the surgeons use a brush designed specifically to clean under the nails? --------------------------------------------- Now before you go saying things like, " So next time you answer, make sure you know what you are talking about before making baseless and factless assumptions..." ----------------------------- YOU BETTER BE THE ONE TO KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKINGF ABOUT ! ---------------------------
Because you never know who you are talking to on here do you?

Best Answer

everything harbors bacteria n such, not just long nails. Rock climbing is very hard to do with them though, I should know, so you do have a point there.. :P

Best Answer

For myself, as an artists and musician, as short as possible. On a woman, short I guess. The long nails look a bit silly unless you're playing the evil queen.

Best Answer

I love my long nails but I do cut them short during Cottage and Garden season .

Best Answer

short, that way i dont get dirt in them

Best Answer

you can still get dirt under short nails you know...

Best Answer

no

Best Answer

It is possible...

Best Answer

:(( not fair

Best Answer

Haha, dirt always gets everywhere ;]

Best Answer

I have naturally long nails but they break all of the time I perfer french tip manicure and short

Best Answer

I like nails that are no more than, say two centimeters long. Anything more than that looks unnatural to me, and there's also the question of how on earth you do certain things without breaking them off when they are longer.

Best Answer

Short, they're not as likely to cut more sensitive areas

Best Answer

I like to work with my hands ....and long nails get in the way......

Best Answer

On myself? Short. Just easier all around.

Best Answer

short nail so i can type fast.

Best Answer

i know women with long nails who probibly type faster than you...

Best Answer