cupcake1992 cupcake1992 18-21, M 7 Answers Nov 5, 2012 in Self Harm

Not a facade but rather a 'block' I try to block myself from getting close to people.

Best Answer

Very rarely. I feel like putting up a facade would become exhausting, because how do you remember who you really are or I guess maybe you're just trying to forget.

Best Answer

some people simply don't know who they are.

Best Answer

Not a facade, just a part of me.. When i'm with my friends i'm crazy silly, with my coworkers i'm respectable and professional, with customers i'm friendly and helpful, with family i'm a little silly- when i'm meeting someone new I act like me, just without showing all of my crazy at once

Best Answer

you have quite the collection of masks. jk. im guessing you believe there is time, place, and person for every slice of personality you have? why not be silly with all who are around you? with the exception of doing that in front of your boss, haha.

Best Answer

I am me with everyone, I suppose I just regulate what levels of me and my silliness is appropriate per person and situation

Best Answer

sounds like you put too much effort or think too much about how to confront a certain person. no offense but if you replaced silliness with agenda you would very much sound like a politician.

Best Answer

I threw my many mask (facade) that I had been hiding behind away many years ago when I found myself and learn to truly accept my self as I was and others as they are........ I go with the flow of life and no longer fight against the tides, I go with them and the ride is much easier now.

Best Answer

that must have been quite the journey.

Best Answer

It was and has been...... I am a better person from the inside out for having taking this journey that I now wish I could take others with me, but my journey is not meant to be the same path for another...... they have their own journey to take.

Best Answer

i hope i can self actualize as much as you have at some point in my life :)

Best Answer

Just look with in, dont judge, and know that ACCEPTANCE of OTHERS (as they are) is far more important than love.
........ all things are happening as they were meant to be.
(good & bad) --so dont fight it --go with the FLOW!!

Best Answer

Yes I do.. I take it off when I feel kind of confident that the other person won't tell me to get lost when they really know me...

Best Answer

fear of rejection?

Best Answer

200% correct!!!

Best Answer

I think its useless to not be who you really are all the time!

If someone is phoney around me, then I just let them do it elsewhere!

Best Answer

would you really be able to glance through one so easily? you would be surprised how much you don't know of someone.

Best Answer

I believe that everyone can hold up "The Lie" for 3 months!
Especially in a relationship, but around that 3 month period the "LIE" comes to the surface and you really get to see what that person has been hiding, if they are hiding their true self! I don't have that kind of energy, if you don't like what you see when you meet me then its time for you to leave and it won't hurt my feelings!

Best Answer