I'm not talking celebrities or the famous. Just successful businessmen and women...They have everything they need and want in their lives, yet, some seem to still be unhappy. Maybe winning all that money doesn't bring happiness after all. That is truly why I believe happiness really comes from within ourselves and giving to others, whether our time, love or our compassion.....
PrincessMaine PrincessMaine 46-50, F 22 Answers Aug 23, 2012 in WTK

Everyone gets depressed now and then. No matter what society portrays, money does NOT equal happiness. You only see the outward appearance of people - happy, carefree, and so forth. What you can't see is how they are inside. People are good at putting up masks to hide their inner self. True happiness comes from being content with what you have - be it a little or a lot. It is nice to have someone to share it with you, but not essential.

Best Answer

Yes, they do....but many need to stop and realize their struggles aren't as significant as those that can't feed and cloth themselves. Being rich, many wealthy people think their struggles are much bigger than they are. They aren't exposed to really bad things so they have no perspective on what normal people's lives are about.

Best Answer

Yes i think more than most,as they forget the simple things in life,love,friendship,loyalty,honour, give more pleasure than any money could ever bring them! hugs

Best Answer

I don't care about them to be honest. :l They should be giving more of that money they are hording those who are suffering. You have people with 100 million dollar homes, but a family of 4 starving with both parents working. <br />
Me and my hubby are going to settle on a 90,000 home with 4 bedrooms and 2 baths - and the rest we are going to do good deeds with. Too many people are suffering in America....it's unacceptable.

Best Answer

It's one of the greatest secrets that hide in plain sight

Best Answer

i'm talking about your detail, not your question

Best Answer

I can relate to that and Christ brought me happyness in the middle of my depression and made me a new person and i see money now dif so i have to be a good sturdist on what God gives me now and sorry for my spelling!

Best Answer

yes depression does not know if someone is rich or poor. they can afford to get help for it.

Best Answer

Anyone can get depressed, it could even be a physical imbalance in the brain chemistry. I think allot of successful people might be missing a spiritual element in there lives they need.

Best Answer

Yes true, but would you rather be unhappy and rich or unhappy and poor? I'll take rich.

Best Answer

everyone struggles and no one is exempted. <br />money is an armour in this modern world, yet it's always not a matter of HOW MUCH resources one has but rather HOW one uses it. ;D

Best Answer

They certainly do. Money is not what conveys happiness and a stress free life. From what I have seen, knowing many wealthy people through my business, is it most often is a source of stress and worries. Look at the recent suicide of movie director, Tony Scott. He had all the money he could ever want or need. An apparently good marriage, fame and a very successful career. Many awards and honors had been earned by his huge talent. Wealth and fame did not make him stress free or happy. His suicide was not a call for help or attention. he did what he did with pause of hesitation at all. Money is not the key to happiness at all.

Best Answer

Money can make you worry less about financial burdens, but it isn't going to prevent depression or stop you from struggling in other ways. Happiness must come from within our own minds and hearts.<br />
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAGKpoVFbmw

Best Answer

Money can cover some problems such as never having to worry about bills but it can't help you if you fall into bad health, your relationship fails, or a family member dies. Things like that can never be solved with money alone. <br />
I'm not a materialistic person myself and money isn't high on my list of priorities, however, I'm not niave and I understand that we live in a world where we need money to have decent standard of living. <br />
Remember though, love, friendship, and time are the worlds most valuable currencies. Best of all, they are free.

Best Answer

Depression can hit anyone, regardless of who or what they have in their life. Rich people with loving families commit suicide at the same exact rate as poor people.<br />
There is an interesting statistic: A huge number of lottery winners become depressed about 2 years after winning the lottery. The best theory out there is that so many people think they will be "happy" if they could just afford what they want... They win the lottery and suddenly they are driving a better car, living in a better house with a better lifestyle... many even 'upgrade' their spouses... and after about two years they look in the mirror and the same basically unhappy person is still looking back at them. <br />
Happy isn't a destination. It's a way of travel. An attitude. Nothing and no one outside of yourself can "make" you happy. It is either your approach to life, or it isn't.

Best Answer

More money, more problems, as they say. And they often become so absorbed in making/keeping money that they neglect the REAL things that bring happiness, like doing kind things for others, interacting with those they love, and noticing the simple beauty in the world.

Best Answer

Yes, I imagine they do. Some of them are never satisfied, and think they need more and more money. Some are bored because they have everything, and there is no excitement for them. It can be depressing knowing that some people are only in their lives because they have money. And wealthy people have health and mental problems like everyone else.

Best Answer