mergirl123 mergirl123 18-21, F 11 Answers Nov 25, 2012 in Community

I have read and understand many of them ....They are used for teaching ....some people will argue whether or not they are true situations or just stories.....thats not importnat the important thing is the teaching within them.....as to the comment regarding women leaders and teachers.....if you look at the fact that Jesus did more then any other historical figure to give women equality.....the role of women was a cultural thing that was for THAT time......If you read the parables and seek the message out....you will find it

Best Answer

I do highlights in my bible and I found out about that ...

Best Answer

Yes I read my Bible. Not as much as I should though. At first I did not understand all of the parables, But with time and going to Bible Study I have finally gotten them.

Best Answer

Glad you did

Best Answer

Thank you. I like the Bible Study I am in now. I have been going for 4 1/2 years now. The pastor has a ph.d in Theology from Harvard. He can do the Bible in English, Greek, Latin or Hebrew. He is the most well prepared pastor I have ever met.

Best Answer

Well keep up with it :)

Best Answer

I do, and I understand a bit. It isn't rocket science.

Best Answer

I kind of understand it.

Best Answer

Dude people can't even agree which parts are meant as parables and which parts are meant as history....

Best Answer

I read and believe I understand at least some of the parables.

Best Answer

Great

Best Answer

Sometimes I understand, sometimes it takes awhile, and other times it is aong time waiting for the understanding.

Best Answer

its good that you try.. meditation helps me connect with the spiritual side

Best Answer

Reading the bible would not be an effective use of my time.

Best Answer