Strive to be that perfect barbie you have in your bedroom, get married like that disney princess, pink WILL be your favorite colour. Rough sports are out of the question, don't want to ruin that lip gloss mum bought you. You don't need ambition, wits, or a job, you need blonde hair, big tlts and the hottest guy in school. I mean the toys that are being sold to our young girls, revolve around perfection, pink and make-up! My little cousins recieved science kits for Christmas. The 'girl one' was teaching her how to manufacture and apply make-up, the 'boy one' was teaching him how to make rockets. She didn't even like it, she found her brother's way cooler. Don't you think this needs to be adressed? I mean the children are the future.
petiterebel petiterebel 18-21, F 14 Answers Jan 15, 2013 in Community

The reason the media does this is the media is owned by rich people who own big corps and these big corps want to sell you crap by making you think this is what you need because sociaty says so, They don't care one bit about kids they just want you to buy their crap.

Best Answer

I grew up in a place where that kind of behavior was frowned upon by, well by everyone. school, politics religion and art were put at the highest priority and this has become the social standard. you will never meet so many ambitious smart women and men concentrated at the same place. yes this is something that could potentially change, i cant imagine things staying like they are anyway...cause this is ridiculous

Best Answer

You're lucky man! I hope this catches on.

Best Answer

Yep.

Best Answer
Best Answer

YES! ITS A STEP!

Best Answer

Why don't we start a change.org petition to make Barbie more realistic? There could be a whole line of normal Barbies. Low self esteem Barbie would be short and chubby, Lesbian Barbie would ride a motorcycle and listen to Melissa Etheridge, Soccer Mom Barbie would drive a Prius.

Best Answer

yes, I hate those messages too. Girls are told that their looks are far more important than their minds or their imaginations. Toys and clothes for girls are all pink and violet and covered in sequins<br />
I'm also upset over how boys are told that they can't be feminine, express their feelings or play with dolls. The gender roles in this country are so rigid that we don't even allow young men to cry when they feel pain. And we wonder why so many of them shoot people in movie theaters and schools. it's a shame

Best Answer

I hate it :(

Best Answer

I think it's turning them into a bunch of Pop Tarts....

Best Answer

haha true -.-

Best Answer

It's always been the way of things, it takes the person buying the stuff to make the change. 6 of my nieces wanted superhero stuff this year for Christmas. Lily and Emerald wanted Ironman stuff, Eadie wanted Batman, Janelle wanted Superman and so on... Their parents gave them what they wanted! They are making the change instead of following the stupid stereotype placed on us by the manufacturers!

Best Answer

I love your nieces! You are right :)

Best Answer

I believe mass media is becoming a cult that is starting to eat it's members.

Best Answer

It actually is a cult.

Best Answer

Yes it is very damaging, however we as mothers have to be better role models for our daughters, and teach them to respect themselves.

Best Answer

I will never let my possible daughter succumb to this.

Best Answer

Young girls? I've met some in their thirties that think this trash

Best Answer