starchild182 starchild182 31-35, M 11 Answers Mar 15, 2012

I know when I was a kid, it was kinda, sorta a big thing .... there were no parades or anything, but I know in school after Abe Lincoln and George Washington's birthdays, in our tiny classroom we'd break out the green crayons and color up the four leaf clovers and what our idea of who St Patrick was. Then when the day came, we'd each be wearing the little cloverleaf we colored and cut out, it being pinned to our shirts or some kids had the store bought version ... if memory serves it was a green pipe cleaner shaped into a clover and it had a white pipe or a white hat in the middle of it. It's been years since I saw one of those though. But if you were caught not wearing some green that day, you were sure to be pinched. I can't imagine pinching going on in today's schools though, it probably be seen as an assault and it would end up in a students suspension from school. <br />
Anyway in a more innocent time, grade school kids were aware of St Patricks Day although I don't ever remember hearing of WHY it is celebrated, that came years later, probably from some tv special I watched. Anyway although I don't observe it other than knowing when it is, I can see where if you are Irish there is some celebrating going on.

Best Answer

No, it's just for fun.

Best Answer

To the Irish it sure is.

Best Answer

It's an excuse to get drunker than normal for most people

Best Answer

Nope...I have to work...

Best Answer

Not really a holiday more like a reason to celebrate something, sort of like Mardi Gras.

Best Answer

mine too

Best Answer