happybbw happybbw 41-45, F 11 Answers Jan 2, 2013 in Community

Yeah, sure. When my family moved when I was in fifth grade I had to leave my bike behind. All my new friends had bikes. But my dad couldn't afford one for me so I was resigned to not having a bike. But one day I was out playing and my dad called me into our apartment. Parked in the living room was a green Schwinn Stingray with a banana seat and a sissy bar! He had bought it used from an ad in our town newspaper for $20.00.

Best Answer

In those days a kid without a bike was a lost kid!!!!! Lol

Best Answer

Yes. I believe that in 1966, Schwinn came out with the "Stingray," equipped with a 5-speed derailleur, 20" tires with a slick for a rear tire, banana seat & hi-rise handlebars, and a large oversized gearshift lever (to emulate a Hurst shifter) on the top crossbar, designed to keep many a boy's voices from ever changing if they caught their pee-pees there!

Best Answer

My older brother had a candy apple green one! His pride and joy!

Best Answer

yes I do and the streamers on the hand grips to see if you was really going fast

Best Answer

Aahhhh! I forgot about those!!! Lol

Best Answer

yes I do

Best Answer

Yes, but they were popular after I traded bicycles for motorcycles

Best Answer

Yes, and we didn't wear helmets either and look......... we survived!!!!!

Best Answer

Our heads weren't as smooshy from all the video games kids play today! Lol

Best Answer

Those were the days.

Best Answer

YES THEY WERE! Kids don't know how to live today. Offered to buy my 14 year old stepson a bike, and he asked me why?

Best Answer

Wow. Poor child. I supposed if you said you wanted to buy him a Wii, he would be jumping all over it. Kids just won't go outside and play. They don't know what to do out in the sunshine. They forgot how to play tag, hopscotch, baseball, dodgeball, frisbee. No wonder the child obesity rate is through the roof.

Best Answer

Its so sad but true. :(

Best Answer