and did you have a bunch of papers with codes and user names and Passwords and it felt like going back to school all over again ? , ha ha , i've been on for 2 years now and learned a lot of stuff already
FurryFace FurryFace 56-60, M 12 Answers Jan 23 in Community

It went something like this...<br />
"eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww eeaww eeawwwww bingggggggg spshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Best Answer

what ? your XT ha ha ha

Best Answer

Probably like 1993/4? At my mom's work, and then at school a few times a week.

Best Answer

i only got to use it like 2 yrs ago

Best Answer

1986, at uni!<br />
Didn't look anything like this then. It was all text ba<x>sed!

Best Answer

ok thanks

Best Answer

i got on in 1998, 56K modem, mtv chat was real fun for me, and i played a lot of yahoo hearts.

Best Answer

i played a lot of hearts too on win 98 but not on the Internet

Best Answer

ooo that was the best you could beat the crap out of people from Australia

Best Answer

well i was off line for a lot of years with XTs to Pentium 3s

Best Answer

Yup a free disk from AOL and chat rooms. I was 10. My cousins and I would pretend we were teenagers and get continously solicited by adults on there.

Best Answer

chat rooms freak me out a bit , so i run away

Best Answer

They should. Back in the day this was the only thing to do on the internet though.

Best Answer

i've only been on for 2 years , love it though , its like a new world out there

Best Answer

1990, I was using the Internet to download NWS weather maps via FTP.<br />
Was on Usenet by 1991, same year I started MUDding.<br />
Strange days... there was a router in Pennsylvania on the Internet backbone that would go down now and again and isolate the Northeast US....

Best Answer

ok thanks , i can't compare much too that except seeing the chair on my balcony with google Earth

Best Answer

These were the days before the web. Hell, these were the days before Windows ...

You only really had Internet access via UNIX or VAX minicomputers that you had to telnet into. I went to a large research university, so all the students had access. We also had "real" e-mail, but I couldn't e-mail most of my high school friends, since not all college students had Internet access.

I can easily get all nostalgic about those days.... :)

Best Answer

nostalgic yeah like me programming in GWBasic with math expressions , kind of miss that , my best system was the 386 with Dos 6.22 and Norton commander , loved that stuff

Best Answer

I wasn't into programming back then. One of the cool things about the Internet in the early 1990s was an almost complete lack of security. I found so much cool stuff just poking around. The AppleTalk network at my college? None of the professors with Apples had any security... I had so much free software. All sorts of crazy stuff on FTP servers everywhere.

Best Answer

I started using the internet when we still had dial-up and a phone with a cord, in 03-04.

Best Answer

i had the vic 20 by commodore with telecommunications modem but never used it , the modem i mean

Best Answer

Yeah the passwords for when I was surfing the internet at lunch at work, for e-mails, log-on, etc. I got a Web TV for home and that was fun for about 3 years till I got my first computer. Printed off a lot of stuff and wore out 2 printers doing it.

Best Answer

i found a printer/scanner with the cd but the printer part has no ink so i used the scanner for pics

Best Answer

they're good for that.

Best Answer

yep but had to down size my pics on the computer

Best Answer

Internet was a breath of fresh air.

Best Answer

tell me about it

Best Answer

14.4k modem, youth, friends, fun - access to specialized information that was not easy to obtain anywhere else.

Best Answer

its like a whole new world for me

Best Answer