My boyfriend thinks I'm goofy...and dose not like it when i B*tch about him cleaning trash, LoL But food particles are what make the trashcan stink!
NoOnespeical NoOnespeical 22-25, F 13 Answers Feb 4, 2012

Yes the cans and other bits of food attracts vermin , cockroaches, mice , rats, and a couple of times I have had to rescue animals that got their heads stuck in a can or jar, one was a skunk that got it's head stuck in a baby food jar, it didn't appreciate me removing the jar and acted much as you'd expect a frightened skunk to act. The other a dog that got it's nose stuck in a tin can, the can opener leaves a sharp edge that can make it difficult for them to get their nose out. Much easier and not near as smelly to wash the food off first. Not to mention kinder to wild life and the neighbor hood pets.

Best Answer

OMG ya know I have never thought about it that way! No one has ever mentioned that to me. I will be sure to rinse everything and inform the clients at the vet clinic, maybe make a pamphlet :)

Best Answer

only the recycling...and if anything has blood from the butcher's i try to rinse that away as soon as i open it

Best Answer

and i wash of my fingerprints and then i put it in another trash bag just to be safe,

Best Answer

I always swill the beer cans out if possible before I go to bed, other wise the next morn I sometimes sniff the old can, why do I do this? Stale ale , puke...

Best Answer

I know I should but I don't. I take out the garbage and recycling once per day.

Best Answer

yes i do. if i dont, it attracts gnats and smells disgusting!

Best Answer

Ok boys! Sweep my house for cameras and burn this to the ground!

Best Answer

I rinse out certain types of cans like tuna, soup, and that sort of thing. But only if it's going to be a while before I take the garbage off. I also tend to keep the meat trays- those styrofoam or plastic trays that fresh meat is sold in- in the freezer until just before I take the garbage. Cans can smell pretty bad, but a meat tray is pretty horrendous. So I keep them cold til it's time to go. Similarly, I toss old vegies or fruit or things like eggshells out onto my compost area...it's amazing how little they smell and how fast they "disappear". Yesterday I threw out some old cornbread for the birds.

Best Answer

Stuff that goes into the recycling bin, yes. That makes me a special one. Ucky foods I put in a smaller bag and then put it in the refuse bin. And if it smells that bad, I am fortunate to be able to walk it right down to the dumpster at the end of my road!

Best Answer

I clean the stuff that goes in the recycle bin, cans, jars and plastics.

Best Answer

No way....lifes too short love!

Best Answer

I agree... wholeheartedly! I was the cans and jars etc, plates... in summer heat it doeesn't take much at all to get that staink goin on!

Best Answer