my mother sleeps in a recliner and rarely in her own bed in the bedroom. is this the norm for anyone else?
typoquene typoquene 41-45, F 9 Answers May 11, 2010

I have not slept in a bed for at least 2 years I always sleep on the Love seat and my husband sleeps on the sofa...lol

Best Answer

A couple of times a week, usually. An old shoulder injury aches if I sleep on it wrong, so when it flares up I'll sleep in my comfy chair to keep the pressure of of it.

Best Answer

I sleep in a chair 70% of the time I find it much more comfortable and I have a much better nights sleep

Best Answer

no.. love my bed

Best Answer

I only sleep on the chair before I wake up to go to bed.

Best Answer

I used to clean for a man who used to sleep in his recliner chair, he was elderly and found it easier to get out of than his bed. My husband often sleeps on the futon as he has a bad hip so likes to be able to put his leg up on the back to ease the pain sometimes. I love it when that happens as I get the whole bed to myself which is great. He also likes the futon as it is softer than the mattress on the bed, I would actually call it lumpy but he loves it.

Best Answer

Often times, I can barely get out of bed, something happens to my spine in the night, and when I try to get up.. it causes great pain, and takes a while before I can even stand, after I sit up.. and my spine feels like it won't support me.. so I sleep in a recliner, which eliminates that problem..

I am actually, afraid of sleeping in a bed now! I always believed, could NEVER sleep in a chair.. but I now realize, I sleep better in the chair.. although my greatest desire, is for a new.. firm.. recliner!

Best Answer