sufferingxinsanity sufferingxinsanity 16-17, F 12 Answers Aug 10, 2012 in Marriage

I do believe in marriage, but... Not everyone can handle marriage. <br />
I think we live in a society where marriage is treated as a civil right. If you have the "hots" for someone then you can get married and live happily ever after. Face it, the way society pushes marriage is out of Fantasy Land and not reality. <br />
In today's society, people have sex more freely, and they do not want to have a bunch of kids to raise. So they shouldn't even think about marriage. Marriage does not mean happiness - it means commitment.

Best Answer

Your response assumes people who aren't married avoid having children, which is definitely not the case. It also equates commitment to discontent. You can be responsible and committed to one person and be perfectly happy. I find it disgusting that people just shrug it off and say, "Not everyone can handle marriage." Everyone CAN handle marriage. It's the lack of responsibility and fortitude to remain committed through hardships that gets to them.

Best Answer

why not? marriage is a sensible end for any of us, other ways of partnership don,t make sense to me.

Best Answer

I did once, then I got older, my parents got divorced. I have friends who have had parents splits. Huge mess. So no. I don't believe in marriage for anything more than the tax breaks.

Best Answer

Yes, It's the best thing when two couples are together every night, sharing the same bed and nothing lies between them other than love. Watching their kids grow together and as they grow older, they would get attached to one another more and more.The image of two wrinkled hands holding out of love is the sweetest image I can think of.(L)

Best Answer

Yes, absolutely.

Best Answer

I believe in fairy tales and longed for my marriage to be one...I don't believe in either now xx

Best Answer

Why? What made you change your mind?

Best Answer

Im no longer married and the fairy tale never even begun lol

Best Answer

Yes...

Best Answer

yes but it's all in the heart not the law

Best Answer