There isn't one close to me, I liked that you could get the exact cut of meat you prefer.
KerriJ1970 KerriJ1970 41-45, F 14 Answers Aug 20, 2013 in Food

Yes and yes.

Best Answer

we have two and yes I do

Best Answer

I don't believe we have a regular butcher shop that's not inside a store around here. There are two locally-owned grocery stores in Oklahoma City with a large butcher counter, and I buy meat for work, sometimes for home there. They will split chicken leg-quarters thin so they can be grilled quickly on the barbeque grill. It's great to be able to buy just a little bit of ground beef instead of an entire package when I want to make something.

Best Answer

Yes. It's the only place I can find organic, grain fed, and hormone free meats.

Best Answer

yes, and yes. But our favorite one is an hour 1/2 away - just got 3# of bacon on the way home from the cabin last weekend because we knew we wouldn't be by it in a while.

Best Answer

Yes, there is one in my county, sometimes we buy there but an hour away is one I prefer and we buy meat there, really superior. In fact, we never buy meat in the big chain grocery stores. You can get the exact cut of meat you want, you would love it!! They make the sausage there, and they have grass fed totally organic beef and free range pig meat.

Best Answer

A few, yes. I only ever buy from them when I want something special. Otherwise, they are too expensive for the daily groceries.

Best Answer

We do and yes I do.

Best Answer

There are quite a few in my city, but I'd never shop at any of them. I'm a vegetarian.

Best Answer

There are two in the town that I live in. Sometimes I get things from there.

Best Answer

Yes, and yes. I'll stop going there when they go out of business.

Best Answer

YES

I prefer to spend a little bit more to support the small business operator instead of the giant supermarkets that screw the consumers and the farmers

Best Answer

Don't supermarkets buy their produce and meats from farmers as well?

Best Answer

YES that is correct but they screw the farmers down and down all the time but their prices are still extremely high

Best Answer

Generally supermarkets buy their produce and meats from vertically integrated industries. They never interact with farmers. With smaller shops (like co-ops and farmer's markets) you stand a chance of buying something more directly from a farmer, and if your food isn't from a monoculture process, it is likely to be a higher quality product.

Best Answer