yeah at the end of the day whats wrong with 2 people in love ?

Best Answer

I'm not sure how this became all about religion and marriage, but the Supreme Court settled the issue 50 + years ago in a case concerning race where it declared marriage a basic civil right under the constitution. Church/state doesn't play into it. It is a fundamental right under the 14th amnedment which cannot be denied without due process.<br />
“Marriage is one of the "basic civil rights of man," fundamental to our very existence and survival. To deny this fundamental freedom on so unsupportable a basis as the racial classifications embodied in these statutes, classifications so directly subversive of the principle of equality at the heart of the Fourteenth Amendment, is surely to deprive all the State's citizens of liberty without due process of law. The Fourteenth Amendment requires that the freedom of choice to marry not be restricted by invidious racial discriminations. Under our Constitution, the freedom to marry, or not marry, a person of another race resides with the individual and cannot be infringed by the State. “ LOVING ET UX. v. VIRGINIA SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES 388 U.S. 1 June 12, 1967, Decided MARRIAGE IS A FUNDAMENTAL RIGHT, not just a religious prerogative

Best Answer

Thanks for the BA- Can't send you a gift- sorry

Best Answer

I think if two people love each other no matter if they are both guys or both girls they deserve to have the right to be together :I

Best Answer

Because I'm gay. :)

Best Answer

why not?

Best Answer

No. They have the same rights as everybody else does. What they want is guaranteed privileges ba<x>sed solely on being gay and that's not acceptable. As far as the right to marry, the state has no right ruling on marriage one way or the other, because marriage is a religious institution and the state crosses the line of separation of church and state by claiming the right to perform marriages. The right, or denial of, gays having the right to marriage should be left to the church.

Best Answer

“Marriage is one of the "basic civil rights of man," fundamental to our very existence and survival. To deny this fundamental freedom on so unsupportable a basis as the racial classifications embodied in these statutes, classifications so directly subversive of the principle of equality at the heart of the Fourteenth Amendment, is surely to deprive all the State's citizens of liberty without due process of law. The Fourteenth Amendment requires that the freedom of choice to marry not be restricted by invidious racial discriminations. Under our Constitution, the freedom to marry, or not marry, a person of another race resides with the individual and cannot be infringed by the State. “ LOVING ET UX. v. VIRGINIA
SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES
388 U.S. 1
June 12, 1967, Decided
MARRIAGE IS A FUNDAMENTAL RIGHT, not just a religious prerogative

Best Answer

Marriage is NOT a civil right, it is a religious right. The Virginia Supreme Court has no more right to rule on marriage than the Church has the right to make rulings regarding interstate commerce.

Best Answer

Sir you are mistaken

Best Answer

No, I am not. As a Christian, I adhere to the separation of Church and State the civil government included, and I expect the state to do the same.

Best Answer

sO jEWS MAY NOT MARRY IN YOUR THINKING

Best Answer

I believe they should have rights just like every other citizen. I do feel however that some (not all) gay and lesbian anti-discrimination groups have become quite discriminate themselves.

Best Answer

the question needs context.<br />
Rights for what exactly?<br />
marriage? well I stay out of that topic completely because I believe marriage is a relgious thing and that the state should stay out of it completely. so...

Best Answer

I dont think they should even take it as far as unions. I think there should simply be a document that shows the willing guaridans of a child which default to biological if there is dispute.

Best Answer

Marriage is protected by the 14th amendment. LOVING ET UX. v. VIRGINIA SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES 388 U.S. 1 June 12, 1967

Best Answer

I am afraid to say just because its legal under the consitution doesnt mean its right. regardless of what the law says I think its RIGHT to have seperation of church and state and I think marriage is a relgious instituion, I fail to see how the consituion on this subject makes any difference in that view.

Best Answer

O Sean, sweet mistaken Sean, please read LOVING V. VIRGINIA and see if you don't change your mind

Best Answer

you dont understand. See a person has the ability to decided for themselves what they view as right and wrong and sometimes state laws intersect that and sometimes they dont. People without a moral compas or people who can not think for themselves do have to refer to others for such guidance though

Best Answer

i feel that LGBT rights is the new civil rights. it is the duty of every free-thinking open-minded person to help protect our friends from discrimination and mistreatment.

Best Answer

You are wise

Best Answer

I believe that as long as you love the person you should be allowed to be with them without getting harassed and feeling like they don't belong. Love is love and no one should be able to tell someone what love is right and what love is wrong as it is not up to them and if you want a same sex relationship just do it. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you stand alone." :)

Best Answer

I think you should love whoever you want to love, even if its black white, women man, man man, or women and women

Best Answer