Questionator Questionator 26-30 154 Answers Apr 8, 2011

Question of the Day

Yes I am pro death penalty. Here in the UK we have multiple murderers sitting in prison living off the taxpayer who are quite frankly total scum and their existence is an affront to the families of those they have killed

Top Answer #1
Best Answer

Yes, absolutely. But not for the usual reasons. If someone has done something so bad that they are a threat to others from then on then I simply dont see why that person should have the expense of maintaining them covered by the law abiding community. They should be painlessly removed, permanently. (Given that an absolute certainty of guilt is established.) If someone shows a total disregard for law and the community, then why should the community care about them. The old concept of an "Outlaw" meant that once branded, the person had no rights or protections under law. You had to be a serious villian to get that. But the idea appeals to me.

Top Answer #2
Best Answer

No,sorry I can not support this barbaric method of justice.For the most serious of offences,life in jail with NO chance of parole,No comforts such as TV,Radio and a lifetime to remember their wicked crime is the best way to punish evil offenders.

Best Answer

I know that a lot of people are dead set against the death penalty, and their argument is mainly that that 'lowers' our morals as well as 'playing god'.<br />
Somebody should have told the scumbag that raped and Killed their victim, that that isn't a nice thing to do at all ?.<br />
They also say that it isn't a 'proper deterent'.<br />
Yeah, well, I would like to see the dirtbag get out of that six foot deep hole and try it,,, yet Again. !<br />
YES, take them out of the gene pool as soon as possible !

Best Answer

I believe in the death penalty, especially in cases where crimes against children is involved. It grieves me that prisoners have more rights than the victims.

Best Answer

yes and thank you.

Best Answer

No. We shouldn't do things that we condemn.

Best Answer

for the right cause absolutely, if you take away someones right to live, why should you have any right to live, even if you are messed up, especially if your messed up because that means we will either spend millions treating you but not fixing you or let you lose and watch you repeat.

Best Answer

kill for killing? it doesn't make sense. let them suffer alive in a dark hole.

Top Answer #3
Best Answer

The point is mikanippon, is the they don't 'suffer' if they live 'in the dark'
Would you not agree that that is 'unusual and ??? punishment' ?.
Does that not make the suffering more ?.
And so you say to prolong their 'suffering' ?.

Best Answer

absolutely...eye for an eye...because...if someone is sentenced to death the crime is so disgusting...it deserves to wipe out the parasite

Best Answer

YES!...YES!......YES!.....YES!.....YES!.....

Best Answer

Yes I do!

Best Answer

I support the death penalty, but never for manslaughter or mercy killings, and only when it's absolutely clear that the guilty party is genuinely guilty. Murder, especially of the pre-meditated variety, warrants the death penalty. We need to reserve prison space for other criminals, ones who haven't killed. I do believe in the deterrence of capital punishment and I believe forensic technology has made it safer. If it wasn't for all the appeals, if it was administered within a year of a guilty verdict, it would stop people in their tracks. They'd know, if they'd murdered someone, they've just signed their own life away. I wouldn't lose an ounce of sleep over it; in fact, I'd administer the needle myself.

Best Answer

So, what's important here, your emotions or the facts?
The fact is, the states having the death penalty, in 2010, had a 40% higher murder rate than the states that don't.
Fact, you know, truth, uh, reality,duh.
Wake up and stop living at the mercy of your own blood lust. It's the exact same blood lust that the killers you claim to hate have.

Best Answer

What's important is that we set a precedent. You kill for an indefensible reason than society has not only a right but an obligation to remove you permanently from it. Comparing justice to bloodlust is ridiculous. But if you want to love and coddle murderers and violent rapists, that's your business. Do you have any proof of your fact about the 40% higher murder rate? I've not heard anything about it. It helps when you, uh, you know, back up what you claim, like, duh.

Best Answer

Yes- and what about all those kids killing and shooting everybody in public places in America? They really have a big problem there. I suggest send them to Afaghanistan or Syria then they kill everybody all they want or they need to be killed by Jigsaw from Saw VII
The Final Chapter to be in one of his traps. That will stop those gun happy kids over there!

Best Answer

I am for it. With a few conditions and comments:<br />
1. The crime has to be one of premeditation, serial in nature.<br />
2. Drunk and stupid does not warrant it.<br />
3. ANY person committing terrorist acts where people die should be put to death by hanging.<br />
4. The death penalty will work if there is a quicker turn-around of the justice system. That is the problem with the death penalty now. It takes way to long to carry out a sentence.<br />
5. To the person who asks if I would feel this way if it was my child or loved one? I stand by my comment number 1 and 2.

Best Answer

So they kill that person that 'allegidly' killed that (person). And then they find out by forensic 'evidence' that it wasn't that person you just pulled the switch on ?.
Are you now the murderer ?.

Best Answer

Hello! #4 is the answer!!!

Best Answer

Texas just killed a murderer that killed a police officer. He was the leader of a gang of 7 that escaped from prison. It wasn't premeditated nor were they drunk. Stupid? well I suppose that's an opinion. Should this guy have lived?

Best Answer

Eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth. Death for a death.

Best Answer

5 finger death punch said it all in those few words.

Best Answer

yes.definitely if the person has commited a murder

Best Answer

YES-having 3 family members brutally murdered, yes, I hold to the eye for an eye theory. My family's murderer sits on death row..forgotten by the system and they admit it. I will be flying to the execution. If it ever takes place.

Best Answer

I am sorry for your loss m'am but I have to honestly ask. The man who probably who killed your family may probably one sick bastard. He maybe immoral and he may even deserve to be put to death like you claim. But would it bring your family back? Would your family members would truely want that? Would revenge truely acomplish something and seeing another human being being butchered to death bring you peace? If you are Christian would God truely believe in your thinking? Even to ask, how do you know it was him? He will surely die, that is given. There is only one known criminal who actually died of natural causes on death row but before he even got there, he was already having faltering health. But will it truely bring pleace to you and your family?

Best Answer

i was reading through this and why do people always focus on Gods ability to forgive and forget when he is more than willing to smite evil when he sees it.

Best Answer

No. For a few reasons. <br />
Firstly - who are we to decide who gets to live or die? I know that people commit murder, and lots of people believe in the whole 'eye for an eye' thing - but really. If we kill a killer how are we any different? <br />
Not to mention that the system is certainly not infalliable - innocent people have been put to death before. <br />
Secondly - killing someone wont ever bring a victim back, or take back what has happened to them - as if killing somebody as revenge would ever be enough justice for a victims family. Nothing would be. <br />
Thirdly - for those who think that keeping someone in prison costs too much money - an execution costs more. Ted Bundy cost more than $8M to execute. <br />
Lastly - we can learn alot from criminals. People that commit crimes that are heinous enough to warrant a death penalty are clearly pretty damn sick. They are a completely different breed compared to most people. But they are messed up for a reason - if we can work out what it is that makes people tick, why they did what they did, do different tests - we might be able to try and figure them out. Its a waste killing these criminals, when we could keep them secure and study them psychologically, give them intensive therapy - not so we can rehabilitate them, but so we can learn something from them. <br />
Actually no - this is my last point. <br />
The death penalty does not deter most murderers in the slightest. Particularly Serials. That is not something that even comes into the equation when they commit the act. Certainly, they dont want to get caught - but any killer organised enough thinks that they are clever enough not to be caught - they dont need to worry about the consequences. The type of person that kills just to kill -if their compulsion to murder is strong enough for them to actually do it - they are not rational enough to consider consequences.

Best Answer

who killed childs-must be dead

Best Answer

Yes. Some people don't deserve to live and that includes most politicians.

Best Answer

Yes but I do believe it should be carried out within one month of the sentence, none of the appeals that go on for years.<br />
Some killers continue to kill in prison.<br />
The cost of keeping them alive is wasted money

Best Answer