also what do think of Gordon Lightfoot's song inspired by this tragedy Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald
Canuck05 Canuck05 41-45, M 8 Answers Apr 26 in Movies & TV

not in that storm, she went down too fast

Best Answer

Well he needed a song and hadn't had a hit song for a long while.. so he figured out a way to take all the life boats off and got them all drunk so they didn't even think about life boats.. Once the boat sank, then he could write his song.. I thought it was a brilliant idea.. ;-0

Best Answer

damn why didn't I think of that ? LOL

Best Answer

Went to White Fish Point last Sept do not think there would have been time for a life boat and the song made it very well know and forever .

Best Answer

No there was too much wind to launch a boat much less survive in them. That storm was a real nasty blow; she was loaded too heavy to make shelter and really there was or is nothing that could have saved those men.

Best Answer

Not sure, but some scuba gear with dry suites would have been outstanding!!!!

Best Answer

I like the song and I am not sure, I think the Edmund Fitzgerald went down rather quickly in high seas.

Best Answer

actually it went down in Lake Superior near the Canadian shore

Best Answer

I know where it went down but the water was rough that night

Best Answer