I understand...a very ambiguous question... I've been tryin' for years..I'm just gonna leave THAT at your doorsteps to ponder...
PrincessMaine PrincessMaine 46-50, F 7 Answers Oct 17, 2012 in Self Improvement

No I don't. There are just too many side-effects to justify them. And after awhile, they can casue other problems. Then there's the "over-medicated syndrome" (which many elderly people can attest to this). This is why I don't take meds.

Best Answer

It only took about four different combinations before they got it right for me. But I've known people who had to experiment for years to find what they needed. [:{)

Best Answer

Some do and some dont. My liver has been stable for the past 4 years thanks to the liver meds prescribed to me by my doctor at the BIDMC Liver Center. .I am allowed to take one of my liver meds when I think that I need it - that's a tough one because when I need it, I tend to get vague - and I dont recognize right away that I need it. My thyroid meds, which I have been taking since 1994, keep needing to be adjusted and that takes a very long time to get right . In the past 9 months I have completed the long process of weening myself off of the sleeping pills and anti-depressants that I had been taking for 4 years, because I didnt feel I needed them anymore.and enough is enough! I take so many Meds and supplements that sometimes I think I'm personally keeping the big pharmaceutical companies afloat! Ah, the joy of getting older...

Best Answer

Look sometimes it can take a while to get these things right, and I have read a lot of books written by doctors on this very subject, sometimes they never get it right.<br />
I have read a lot about medications (drugs, and that's what they are) for mental illness, none of them are a cure. In most cases the side effects from them are worse than the problem they are given to treat, for instance aggressive behaviour, paranoia, confusion, hallucinations etc. These presc<x>ription drugs also play havoc on some internal organs, causing damage to the kidneys and liver, cirrhosis of the liver, yellow jaundice and kidney failure. People are very often over prescribed these drugs by doctors as well, in a lot of ways it is a money making racket.<br />
Many doctors (the more honest ones) believe a much lower dose or even discontinuation of these drugs is possible. With ongoing treatment from psychologists and other experts in the field of mental illness. Such as cognitive therapy and other methods, very often with good results.<br />
Please don't take what I have written here as gospel. Read up on the side effects of these drugs yourself and find out what other none drug treatments there are. Talk to your doctor about it, and if he/she does not agree try and find one that will help in other ways.

Best Answer

Medication is essential for many and they do work say for example with people with heart conditions,diabetes and many other life threatening illnesses.<br />
Some medications can be habit forming and thus abused,that is where the problem lies.

Best Answer