Parents feel this way too but are to afraid to say anything for fear they will be totally cut out of the lives of sibling. Also the grandkids are really disrespectful of the Grandparents and when they say anything its turned on them. I'm at a loss.
kitcatchic kitcatchic 41-45, F 10 Answers Sep 15, 2010

It depends upon what they are doing. I think every child takes advantage of their parents in one way or another at one time or another. Sometimes they don't realise they're doing it. However, if it is something that everyone but that sibling resents, I think a family meeting is in order. As far as the grandchildren being disrespectful, it's really up to the grandparents to draw their boundaries and talk to the children lovingly but firmly that they will not put up with that behaviour. Tough love is warranted sometimes.

Best Answer

i would talk to them about it in a calm matter not to start a fight but if they don't listen i would take two people with me and have an talk to them about it with concern. If they continue doing it i would give them the silent treatment and not even eat with them.

Best Answer

Yes. If they are behaving in a manner that I don't find appropriate I would probably even invest more time in our relationship. Seeing as how we were raised together, I would have great insight to their values and belief systems, and thus be better able to persuade them. I think if one of my siblings were acting out of line then I would try to be as good of an influence on them in the least annoying/judgemental way as possible.

Best Answer

Yes- and I have many times.<br />
As an older sister you get a kind of respect and more like "on their level" than parents. So if I feel its needed I may tell them to behave and be respecting;p

Best Answer

I mind my business-it can get nasty

Best Answer