littleonejade littleonejade 46-50, F 19 Answers Nov 30, 2012 in Community

My dog can even spell...just last night, we were leaving the house, and my daughter said "Are we bringing the D-O-G?" Her ears picked up, she looked at me, c*cked her head, her tail started wagging, and when I said yes, she ran to the door...it was hilarious....

Best Answer

LOL

Best Answer

Love this :)

Best Answer

Yes,I talk to any creature I meet,gently and softly,especially wild birds.And they are far,far smarter than we give them credit for.

Best Answer

i dont believe in deciding their limits. my dog knows a surprising number of words and instructions. other times tone is everything and you can be telling them awful things in a sweet tone and they go mad for it. lol

Best Answer

I would but theyd just blow bubbles at me

Best Answer

I have ciclids that were pretty smart, no I didn't talk to them, but they were smart, tank was in my bed room. I would wake in the am with all of them in the corner nearest my bed waiting to be fed

Best Answer

ha...I had a couple of dojo loaches that would curl up in my hand when I put it in the tank....they would just hang out with me....I always said they were cuddling :)

Best Answer

Yes, I talk to my dog. She not only seems to pay close attention when we speak to her, you can tell that she understands at least the gist of what she is hearing.

Best Answer

I talk to my dog all the time, he doesn't respond, but he gives me the cutest look!

Best Answer

Yes, & Yes. Horses, dogs, cats, etc., etc. They respond much better than most people. Probably because they are more intelligent

Best Answer

Yes, I talk to my pets every day. They make comments about whatever I am doing around the house, Blondie likes to watch me cook and ask what I'm fixing and what I am looking for (when I open a drawer or cabinet and hesitate for a minute or so)....I always answer her. Baby tells me to hurry up when I am already moving around the house fast trying to get ready for work. I have 4 parakeets, they do understand much of what I say. When they ask questions I answer them as much as possible, showing them what I'm doing...think it's their way of getting me to interact more with them.

Best Answer

did you know that a keet has the biggest record for talking

Best Answer

I don't know if they do or not. I had a great-aunt who lived alone, her parakeet could recite nursery rhymes. What touches me about these birds is that they say things which are relevant to the situation and they may remember something from 3-6 months that was said before and use it in the correct context. They will change words around and use them the right way too. For example, I forgot to plug my toaster in one evening, checked my toast and said "Oh, I forgot to plug it in!" The next morning I was making coffee and Blondie told me "Plug it in!", she had a look on her face like she was proud of herself. Anyway, I thanked her. I have always talked to my pets like they can understand me and have been accused of "spoiling" them.

Best Answer

Never listen to anyone criticising how you treat your pets cher,you are better able to judge than them.and wiser. :)

Best Answer

the keet has the record in guieness book of record. Three people had to verify all the words.
at one point one of the ladies said to keep. I sure wish you would talk slower.
Keet said "what are you stupid' LOL

Best Answer

Sounds like something Baby, the male, would say. He has a smart mouth. Tells me to hurry up when I reach in to clean his cage. He got something from a movie that he said many times...."You don't live here! Get out of here! Chit-chit!!" I figured out that "chit-chit" is the gun shooting because he started saying it again when he heard a gunshot on a Western movie.

Best Answer

Yes I talk to them and they do understand. They obey commands and one can say mama.

Best Answer

I had my cat "Budweiser" for over 19 years. He was a Garfield/Morris mix with Green Eyes - Siamese in him. He would start the conversations and also bring people home. He met his "Aunt Carmen" 17 years later after she scooped him off the sidewalk after being thrown out of the rear window of a moving car by where we worked. He knew who she was !!! Yes - oh yes ... he understood e-v-e-r-y word !!! Incredible guy !!! I sure miss him - my little Biker ...

Best Answer

Yes I do. I have dogs. Understand? Heck, they can even spell!

Best Answer

I talk to my pets. I know they don't understand English (or Japanese) but I know they understand that I am talking to them, relating, or whatever you want to call it. They usually "talk" back too. (Cats)

Best Answer

I tell my dog not to sneeze on me, and she walks away when she really needs to sneeze. She has a cold :(

Best Answer