JCriss JCriss 46-50, M 7 Answers Oct 1, 2011

I have become a bit of a pragmatist in that regard. I tend to say that you should follow a dream with the full realization that it might not work out, but to follow the dream for the experience and because trying to get there is part of the process. When you try, you grow. If you never try, then you never know what the possibilities are and what might have been. Regret over not trying can be worse than the actual failures themselves. Even if I believe they don't have a chance, well, I've been wrong before.<br />
However, if the dream involves something like sprouting wings or developing x-ray vision, I might just tell them to find another dream.

Best Answer

I like that, very thoughtful. I would stop short of telling a tone deaf person to audition for American Idol however!

Best Answer

Yet there are so many that do....lol

Best Answer

Sure do. In many ways, dreams are more important than reality. I think if someone actively goes out to pursue their dreams, they will quickly learn what is realistic and adjust their goals and tactics accordingly. Far better than them regretting never taking the first step, or trying to crush their dreams from the start (besides they may get lucky and achieve them, who knows?)

Best Answer

Yes, I do. I may not think they have a chance, but they do. Sometimes that makes all the difference.

Best Answer

No - if i think they don't have a chance i don't tell them to follow there dreams lol x :-)

Best Answer

I try to inspire people to do their best.

Best Answer

If i thought they didnt have a chance because of a certain obstacle i would help them understand and over come that obstacle. Honestly i have never been in that position

Best Answer