giochima giochima 22-25, M 28 Answers Apr 12, 2012

It depends on where you live. A small town in the southern part of the US? Maybe. The northeast or west coast? Not quite. Not all states have a minimum wage or have much tolerance for labor unions.

Best Answer

"Right to work" actually means "Our right to pay workers lower wages."

Best Answer

It is when work is hard to find.Thats about £8 here in the uk.That would be a decent wage if the hours were good enough.Its hard to find good enough money here because our government ships in migrant workers from all over europe to pay them less. Phil

Best Answer

yes, good in Texas

Best Answer

yes, unless your life is at risk or unless you are unhappy at what your doing.

Best Answer

decent yes Heck, I got a degree and that is what I'm expected to make, well, just a little bit more. but I knew this, I work with animals. Unless I go into animal research which I am not okay with doing....

Best Answer

Plenty for any single person to live a good life.

Best Answer

I am unsure where you live but with that wage you would use over half of your monthly take home for rent alone.....what does that leave fore food, necessities....etc..?

Best Answer

Chicago land. It is behond me how people in todays world are spoiled and haven't the slightest clue how to budget money.

Best Answer

depends on where you live, and the currency you are refering to.

Best Answer

us dollars, Boston

Best Answer

you can live on that, see if there is overtime, and if there is a cap on your yearly raises.

Best Answer

you get more off the dole in Auz

Best Answer

they get a bonus . and shortcuts on the house'oes list :)

Best Answer

depends on the type of work,and the qualification of the employee.

Best Answer

in aust. i wouldnt work for that. depends what currency thats in

Best Answer

us dollars

Best Answer

what sort of work? thats a bit low

Best Answer

Maybe in Spain or some S.A.country

Best Answer

I think McDonalds here starts at 14 bucks so no.

Best Answer

No....$12 /hr after taxes leaves you with NOTHING...you cannot rent an apartment, feed yourself....buy gas...and SURVIVE on $12 an hour...ANYWHERE...sorry...i am only speaking from experience....now it can be a sufficient wage depending on the job you do....but it is not sufficient to live on alone...or with a family for that matter

Best Answer

I disagree. I pay $500 for rent. $113 for my car, $183 for my car insurance, $100 for my cell phone, $120 for comcast, $50-$150 for electricity (delending on the season). As well as netflix. Hulu and xbox live. I have a full tank of gas. Good food and disposable income. Not much but enough to have fun with. Some months it eill be tough but most are fine. I can say i live comfortably. All on $12 an hour.

Best Answer

In Spokane, WA

Best Answer

Thats ok till somthing better turns up

Best Answer

Add a response...

Best Answer

Absolutely not. I live in Brooklyn NY and had job paying $13. After they take taxes, you left with nothing. There are few comments here saying that everybody can live on $12. You don't live with $12 an hour, you just exist. Living like an illegal with no car, no cell phone, no internet etc. Everything cost money nowadays. You wanna go to the grocery store and buy any food you want, with $12 an hour its impossible. You will be limited in everything. I'm telling you because experienced that. You will be depressed, in bad mood all the time, and having headache thinking of how to pay your bills.

Best Answer

I live in Arkansas and my husband manages a liquor store and only makes twelve u.s. dollars an hour, we've got three kids and the only way we make it is that we live rent free. If we had to pay rent we would probably need food stamps just to live.

Best Answer

Are you guys fricken serious! I have 2 minimum wage jobs, and go to college (7000) a semester. Im paying rent, food and half of tuition every semester. Ill keep this up after college and pay off the rest of those loans. I live off minimum wage, you can sure as hell live off $12 an hour!

Best Answer