In Australia the legal age to drink alcohol is 18yrs but the goverment want to change the age to 21yrs. What do you think? btw I dont agree raising the age will make any difference. Theyll still drink any way
scardycat1968 scardycat1968 41-45, F 17 Answers Dec 6, 2013 in Health

WhatsTheTimeMrWolf is on the right track. In so many things in life what is missing is the lesson of moderation and self control. Look at clinical and morbid obesity as a prime example.

Best Answer

Here in the us the limit is 21. But you can join the military at 17. I used that one on my family to buy me beer when I came home after basic.

Best Answer

LOL when most kids in Australia are drinking before they are 16???

How stupid. So stupid must have been thought up by a politician yeah?

Best Answer

yrah I know most do drink b4 there 18 and yep its a pollies idea lol

Best Answer

They are going to do it weather or not it is illegal before that age, because i do too.

Best Answer

What has the weather to do with the drinking 0.0 wether its good weather or bad weather people drink no matter what right?

Best Answer

whether* My bad.

Best Answer

yeah I know

Best Answer

18 is fine, but they need to teach kids the dangers of drinking too much at school and on TV.

Showing drunk idiots getting hurt, and shocking pics of livers affected by sclerosis might help to teach better behaviour!

Best Answer

No I don't. It should be 21.

Best Answer

Firstly, raising the age limit will do nothing to solve drink related problems. The best way to increase the demand for something is to ban it. The forbidden fruit.

I grew up in a euro centric family and was given a half a glass of wine at mealtimes from the age of 5. At 8 years, I joined my family for social times with a dash of sherry topped up with soda water. I had my first beer at 12. The point is I was taught to drink alcohol for pleasure not for effect. I saw my friends, just turned 18 and go the bars. Order doubles, down 4 of them and fall down. Where is the fun in that. Educate the young from an early age that alcohol is for social enjoyment not to be abused.

Best Answer

What is biological age? Kids growing up with different progress. Legal age for alcohol buying is just a technical restrictions. Government had to define the age limitations and they choose number 18. It consider to be that at age of 18 ex kids became the mature personality. But as you know it depends on many aspects. Maybe parents has to define when their children are ready for adult life.

Best Answer

It depends on how to drink. Glass of vine is good for health, bottle of vodka can be lethal. Is young man is clever enough why the restrictions? In my country you can buy alcohol since you are 18 y.o. I've had my first expirience with alcohol at 21. Without any restrictions. I just didn't want to drink alcohol in spite of it was legal already.

Best Answer

I live in Quebec it's 18 here to be able to buy alcohol . :) I just turned 18 a week ago

Best Answer

They should make the legal age 30.

Best Answer

25

Best Answer

It should be 21 to use alcohol, but 18 should be the legal age to drive.

Best Answer

18 is the legal to drink here

Best Answer

I don't know where you "here" is, but it was 18 in NYC when I lived there.

Best Answer

and to get your licence to drive

Best Answer

it should be 21 across the globe....people are always saying that Italians are healthier because of the young drinking wine....it's heredity...not their beverage of choice that makes them live longer

Best Answer