roseyvonne roseyvonne 22-25, F 35 Answers May 1, 2012

Not any more. Not since I learned about autism, attention deficit disorder, mild traumatic brain injury, genetics, bullying and child abuse of all kinds, hidden food allergies, pesticides in the nervous system, food additives, preservatives, and added sugars... Too many things to blame it all on parents

Best Answer

I love ur back up to this.

Best Answer

I agree FnB I have 4 kids 17yrs,10,9 and 9 months my oldest son who is 10 has ADHD and i find myself always defending the way I raise my chidren because he can be challenging some teachers think he's just being bad its a challenge

Best Answer

Attacking the child or parents for behavior that may be the result of hidden disabilities is lazy thinking, ignorance. I think it is probably common, too. (Dang.)

Best Answer

Yes.........but just cause their child is acting like a devil, does not always mean.... that the parents didn't try hard to raise him right.

Best Answer

No, appearances are deceiving. For example, do you know whether the child has a condition such as tourette's syndrome or an attachment disorder, ADHD or any number of other things that may explain his or her behaviour? Even if the child doesn't have any of these, parents are always fighting the politically correct and many are frightened to discipline because they fear what others might say. Most of the time parents are doing their best and they shouldn't be judged, even in cases of neglect. As a foster carer, I see it is cyclical, parents bring their children up like that because they don't know any better, because thats the way they were brought up. Badly behaved kids and the families they come from are a product of society and everyones responsibility. They need support, compassion and understanding.

Best Answer

In most cases, YES.

Autism and other mental illnesses aside, the behavior of a child is almost always a direct result of their parents' teachings and the environment the child lives in.

Best Answer

Often, yes... but speaking as a person who raised 5 kids in the same house with the same rules around the same people, eating the same thing, etc etc etc - and only ONE had massive behavioral problems - it's not ALL the parents, some kids are just harder to keep under control than others.

Best Answer

To a certain age, yes after a time a child can rebel if influenced by others.

Best Answer

At time I do, but not always. If I see a kid consistently enough and notice his manners and the way he talks and the way he thinks, I'll think of good parenting. But if I'm at grocery store and some little kid is just screaming his head off, I really don't know if the parents suck or if the kid is sick or missed his nap or something.

Best Answer

Abso effing lutely.

Best Answer

No. The reason being is that you can try to do everything the right way as far as raising your children & those same children can be either influenced from outside people or just grow up the most messed up kids and the most relaxed parents who dont discipline could have the best most successful kids. I will say parents influence their children in good and bad ways which definitely affects their behavior.

Best Answer

not sure but it does speak about the upbringin of d child, that his/her parents were responsible for

Best Answer

If they're standing there, yes. But sometimes it says something about how clever they really are to realize that while their parents would never stand for it you're a pushover.

Best Answer

definitely!

Best Answer

At times, yes. I've taught at the high school level for 10 years and I've witnessed first-hand terror students with even worse behaved parents who blame every little problem at school with the teacher instead of taking any kind of personal responsibility. Conversely, ive educated delightful young ladies and gentlemen whose parents are equally as kind and thoughtful as their child.

Best Answer

Absolutely! I babysit a range of kids and they always push you because they WANT you to tell them no (whether they know it or not) so they know their limits. Parents who realize this and keep a balanced home with appropriate punishments that match the "crime" always have better kids.

Best Answer

I have to say yes sometimes because parents are the children's first teachers but sometimes it's not parents' faults because they have ADHD, behaviour problems of some kinds, etc. Parents just need a lot of people from everybody like cousins, grandparents, uncles, etc. to support them. My boy have ADHD and I am a single mom but I am very fortunate to have had my cousin Jason to have my back and kept telling me to stay strong. I listen to him more than my sis because he makes sense and encourages me to stay strong and don't let my child mess about . His godmother looked out for him as well. Supports from school helps a bit but not as powerful as my cousin or my mom's. At least that's what I believe. No child are stupid.

Best Answer

It depends on the personality of the child and of the parents, but especially the child. In the case of an easily influenced and socially compliant child, yes. In the case of an independent and socially rebellious child, no.

Best Answer

It depends on the circumstances. The parents are usually the major significant influence, but there are usually other factors contributing than just the parents. There are varying degrees between these for each unique case.

Best Answer

To a degree, you have to remember that each child has their own mind and is every bit an individual as you and I are. The environment, parenting, siblings, friends, distant family, society in general all have a part in how the child will grow and develope both physically and mentally.

If it was strictly a parenting thing then all of the children in a particualr family would like the same things and act the same way.

Best Answer

yeah

Best Answer

sometimes the opposite, I am a direct example of that)))

But that is to do with my parents too.

Best Answer