I live in a dumpster that looks like a house from the outside and I was wondering if other people think whether or not it could affect my (mental) health. (I have already written about my life in the dumpsterhouse, check it out if you want to). *Neutral
GenderPunk GenderPunk 18-21 2 Answers Oct 20, 2012 in Emotional Health

ooo yes any clutter or anything only brings negative things and eventually depression and stuff is not good for anyone, trust me with that

Best Answer

I think that hoarders start out depressed and their hoarding is a way for them to try to make themselves feel better (my Mom was a hoarder) :P

Best Answer

My Dad is one. And I'm afraid I will follow if I see how things are going now. Did you experience any difficulities? Like having to face the same problems as she did?
*Neutral

Best Answer

I did. I wasn't near as bad about it as she was, but I had a hard time throwing things away. I've gotten over it by donating what I don't need and I only hoard pictures X)

Best Answer

Nice to hear it got better. I hope I can make the right decisions soon too. But it's very tricky.
*Neutral

Best Answer

If you're a hoarder by nature, you just need to find something that replaces it in your life :)

Best Answer

Good point. Thank you for answering :)
*Neutral

Best Answer