I don't think he should respond disproportionately : i.e., if she slaps him, he shouldn't slug her. But if she slaps him first, she has no complaint if he slaps her back. Obviously the idea of teaching men to be inhibited against hitting women makes a lot of sense given their far greater strength. But I think the idea that a man has no right under any circumstances to strike back encourages abusive women. Worldwide research shows women initiate domestic violence more often than men. EP Link
conceptualclarity conceptualclarity 51-55, M 53 Answers Feb 9, 2011

I believe everyone has the right to defend themselves with equal force against anyone who may be attacking them, be it man or woman.

Best Answer

If i slap a man i always expect to get slapped back. Not saying it makes it right but, wtf? Ive heard many cases of women hitting a guy thinking its ok. Im not condoning violence in any way but, when i get hit its a natural reflex to get hit back. The same should be expected from a man.

Best Answer

The answer is a resounding YES.<br />
How stupid can you be to say no just because its a woman. I absolutely absolutely hate your so-called "white knight in shining armor". <br />
It makes me sick to my stomach to think that as a woman you would even dare to believe you have the right to assault a man without thinking about consequences. Who the **** made the law saying woman are allowed to hit any man at will and expect men to just shrug it off?<br />
This only proves my case further when you see a "fat" woman going crazy on a guy then a guy hits back and everyone starts jeering at her, calling her a "crazy psycho" or "fat pig" who got what she deserved.<br />
But then a pretty one hits a guy and he hits back, then you got the whole f*cking crowd of "white knights" beating that guy for "laying a hand on a woman" trying to get a praise outta her.<br />
Obviously by women, society only meant the pretty or decent looking ones. Society is fcking disgusting and everyone nowadays should be equal dammit. That's what everyone wanted and that's what you should get. You assault someone, you better be ready to receive.

Best Answer

I think he has the right to restrain her so she can't hit him again. But just because she hit him he shouldn't automatically hit her back. If she is out of control he would call the police and let them deal with it.

Best Answer

If he can manage that, it's a great option. But if he calls the police she will she will probably lie and say he is the one who did the hitting and he will end up in jail while she goes scot free.

Best Answer

In my state (CT) both can be arrested in a domestic dispute, regardless of who hit who first. So "he started it!" when she clearly fought back is a moot point.

Best Answer

I think that nobody has the right to assault another without expecting a response in kind.

Best Answer

He should just walk away. period.

Best Answer

Not always doable.

Best Answer

I believe anyone who puts their hands on anyone first is wrong, but some women feel they can get away with hitting a man because they are a female. I completely disagree. If a woman feels she is tough enough to hit a man, than she gets what she deserves..period. I feel any sort of violence man or woman is wrong!!!

Best Answer

Yes I think he should grab her by the arm...put her over his knee ...put all his attention to spanking her bottom! That is what it was made for ..applying discipline when needed! Slugging or punching is not the answer!

Best Answer

My wife hit me only once...I hit her back and said...."I will only say this to you once never ever hit me again if you do I will take you out " and I meant every word and she knew it ..Then I said quietly I was abused by an expert as a kid and he couldnt break my spirit or my heart neither will you and I swore would never allow anyone to ever abuse me again period.<br />
That was over 50 years ago and she never did it again or even attempted to from that day to this....and we are still very happy together with a loving and caring family and wide range of friends...

Best Answer

Hell Yeah..... Wtf... im allowed to assault someone at no physical risk to myself?<br />
Noooo<br />
If I hit ya first then id expect a sock to the jaw.... Maybe not a full pelt MoFo but id understand if id kicked him in the ballz n got a right hook. Its instinctive. The trick is not to get into that situation, obviously.<br />
~rubs sore jaw~

Best Answer

One of those very controvercial and difficult questions to answer. If you are prepaired to hand it out you should be prepaired to take it also. <br />
I dont see why simply being a woman gives you the right to hit someone without physical reprisal. If a man hits a woman, and she hits him back ... no one seems to have an issue with it. Why then, if a woman hits a man, and he responds in like does he get so much crap for it? <br />
Never really been in either situation so I shouldn't really comment until I have "experience", This time, I am more than glad to be ignorant though.

Best Answer

The problem with the "eye for an eye" philosophy, is that everyone ends up blind in the end, because of it.

Best Answer

2 wrongs dont make a right

Best Answer

No man should ever be permitted to raise a hand of violence toward a woman.

Best Answer

I don't think a man should ever be the first to use physical force, but, sometimes it is necessary. The new digital age, man hating lesbo dykes sometimes need to be taught a lesson. And a ***** like that should do time in the meanest prisons, along with men, if convicted of domestic violence.

Best Answer

The operative word here is assault. If you are assaulted. then legally, do you also want to be guilty of assault? If someone hits you, you can call the police if you have not responded in kind, and press charges. However, once you begin assaulting the other person....you are just as guilty of assault as they.<br />
Update: If you are at school, and you have been struck, if you strike back, you are going to detention, or will be suspended....just the same as your attacker because now you have become equally guilty.<br />
If you are at home and your husband or wife hits you, the same thing applies...the moment you hit back, you become equally guilty.<br />
Self-defense is protecting yourself...grabbing something to prevent the attacker from landing the blows, or raising your arm to block....as you would know if you had ever taken karate.

Best Answer

You can say that. But do you know what it's like to be a boy at school and some SOB comes up and slugs you without any provocation? And you want to say the one who strikes back is equally guilty? Give me a break! I believe self-defense is a major doctrine in criminal law, by the way.<br /><br />Update. If schools are treating the victims of bullies the same as the aggressors, it shows they still have a long way to go on this matter. When someone hits you without cause it provokes a fury that makes striking back reflexive, as some of the other people answering here have noted.

Best Answer

If he's a gay guy that's very feminine than yeah. Lol

Best Answer

"Worldwide research shows women initiate domestic violence more often than men" Hmm I think you are inventing this fact. Show me the links to your "worldwide research". Sinds its worldwide, it should be easy to produce lots of links to the research.<br />
Thanks already

Best Answer

If I slap my disciplinarian he would spank my ***, I don't think that's wrong however, sometimes if a man slaps a woman's face, and he liked it, he could start slapping her more and it could turn into abuse xx <br />
Sarahwooley xx

Best Answer

Back in the sixth grade, some girl hit me, so I hit her back. I was punished, and she got off with nothing but a black eye. I kept explaining that she hit me first, but the principal showed no interest in my explanation, focusing solely on the fact that I hit her. Oh yeah, that's TOTALLY not a double-standard. To this day, I do not regret my retaliation.<br />
No one should ever hit anyone except in self-defense. But once the first blow has been thrown, the victim has every right to hit back--man, woman, or anywhere in between.

Best Answer

My ex girlfriend started beating the crap out of me, and picked up a small cast iron pan and swung it at my head. I wrapped her up and restrained her, then bolted out the door and called the police. When they showed up I was already starting to get a black eye and she didn't have a mark on her.<br />
I went to jail for domestic violence.<br />
The court said I made too much money to qualify for a court appointed attorney, but the trial date would have been in 2 WEEKS from the day of arraignment, so I was unable to come up with the 1500 or so dollars it would have cost to retain an attorney in that short of time. Apparently that is the way my county handles all domestic violence cases, in their so-called "Rocket Docket Court". Basically if you are accused of domestic violence you have exactly 2 weeks to come up with money for an attorney or you will be representing yourself should you choose to fight the charges.<br />
Anyway, I'm on probation now for a year because I NON-VIOLENTLY defended myself against a woman who was ATTACKING me with a weapon.

Best Answer