If you don't trust the person you're marrying, sure, but then why are you marrying them?

Best Answer

I don't think people should get married without one.<br />
Prenuptial agreements aren't just about who gets what in case of a divorce. They can also outline property rights in case of death or hospitalization, who pays which bill, how housework will be split up, and all sorts of things. It's much better to decide all of that BEFORE you get married.

Best Answer

Yes, because **** happens whether we like it or not.

Best Answer

if you need a prenuptial you shouldn't get married. wait... scratch that... you should just never get married.

Best Answer

I don't believe pre-nups, post-nups, co-hab agreements to be an expectation of 'failure'. love is great. marriage is a contract. pre-nup is risk management. <br />
I view it as an acknowledgement of a real possibility and an agreement as to how you'll deal with it IF it happens, based on your current knowledge. As others have mentioned, it's not just about finance, it's shared responsibilities with dependents, etc. <br />
Denying risk generally means events are handled less well, not better. Planning gives you a better chance of preventing the emergency and if it comes to the worst, a better chance of recovery. I'd prefer my survival chances in a building with an emergency plan than without.<br />
Installing fire extinguishers, storing your documents in a safe & taking out an insurance policy against your house burning down doesn't mean you expect it to happen, just means that if it does happen, you've got a chance of stopping the fire before it gets big and if you can't, you have a recovery plan in place.

Best Answer

Absolutely. <br />
A lot of people stay in bad marriages because they fear the financial consequences of a divorce. <br />
With a prenup, whether you stay in a marriage or end it, you will be doing it for the right reasons.

Best Answer

People talk about it like it's new concept -- it was the basis of marriage for most of human history. "Romantic" marriage is fairly new historically -- previously marriage was based on money/goods exchanged.

Best Answer

Good heavens, no! Ya gots ta trust in the Lord. Doin' that says ta me ya ain't got the faith afore ya even enter inta the holy bonds a marriage.

Best Answer

I think it's a good idea. Some people say that you only get it if you don't trust the person you're marrying to not want your money and it's like you're planning to break up before you walk down the aisle. I look at it the other way around: if you're not planning to break up at any point then why would you mind signing a prenup? There are almost always provisions saying that if the person cheats or does you wrong in some way, you're not completely excluded and, of course, everyone has an obligation to care for their children.<br />
Why is it such a big deal? The things you acquire during the course of the marriage are legally divided upon termination of the union and that's all you're really entitled to isn't it? Why do you deserve what someone had before they met you or why they deserve the things that you had before you met them? It's not a big deal at all and no matter how much trust you have in the person who loves you, how much trust do you have in the person whose love for you has faded?

Best Answer

Prenuptial is good if you have a lot before you get married and do not trust your impending dearly beloved. However, I would think twice before marrying someone I did not trust.

Best Answer

Yes. Divorce can happen to anyone, and you want to be safe about it.

Best Answer

A prenump is a very good idea 4 couples 2 me reason being when a marriage takes place it is all lollypops & gumdrops but whos 2 say that later on down the line things happen between the 2 of u. every1 says (oh no i love this person were gonns b 2gether forever) & then sum1 cheats or falls outa love witch is very possible. a prenump will save ur butt so that way the other person can take u 4 broke because in a divorce situation the other person is upset & will if they can believe it or not.

Best Answer

TO ME ,IT IS NOT A TRUST THING! YES, I WOULD! WHEN YOU ARE AN ADULT--THINK LIKE AN ADULT!! WE ALL KNOW THERE ARE NO GUARANTEES IN LIFE! BESIDES,IF YOU ARE MARRIED 10 YEARS,YOU'LL GET HALF ANYWAY! TO ME A PRE-NUP IS LIKE A BLOOD SAMPLE--IF YOU CAN GIVE BLOOD-YOU CAN SIGN A PAPER THAT SAYS IF IT DOES NOT WORK OUT--WHAT'S MINE IS MINE AND WHAT'S YOURS IS YOURS!I CAN ONLY IMAGINE A SPOILED LITTLE GIRL NOT WANTING TO SIGN BECAUSE SHE IS A GOLD DIGGER! OR DO NOT GET MARRIED!

Best Answer

Definitely - if you have significant assets. I am 40/female with good job and now a home. I would NEVER put my estate or my finances at risk for anyone ever again. If my new relationship goes down the tubes, that's all I'll lose - the relationship. The days of losing my house, home, furniture, credit, car, etc. are over. No more!

Best Answer

It's quite a practical thing to do....but wait a minute Love is not a fact but a feeling.<br />
If it's an arranged marriage and u didnt get the chance to know the person very well....or it's ur 2nd marraige (and u had all sorts of scary expereinces ) go for it.<br />
If it's love marraige and u have been together for let's say 3 + years....i dnt think then u need smtg like this...coz by that time u actually get to know the in and out of an individual.

Best Answer

If there is a substantial difference in assets before marriage, then definitely yes - there is no way you can predict what people will be like in the long run, as I sadly found out.<br />
Otherwise no - to avoid any bad connotations.<br />
I dated a woman who had more assets than me. When we talked of marriage I was more than happy to sign a pre-nup.

Best Answer

The average person in this world is out for them selves especially when it comes to financial gain. Money truly is the root of all evil. You never really know the true intentions of a person. Some people make a career marrying for money. If a person is wealthy why shouldn't they want their spouse to sign a prenup. they are just protecting their investments? If I'm already rich and we get married and you have nothing, let's say we are married for 5 years. Why are you entitled to half of my money if I already had the money before our marriage. Just doesn't seem fair to me. If a man or woman won't sigh you have to look into their potential intentions.<br />
Kungfusquid

Best Answer

100% agree with you.

Best Answer

yes, definitely. I would not get married without one.<br />
Even if you trust that person completely (and they trust you)- people change, or you could have been wrong about them in the first place.

Best Answer

If you have alot before you get married then why not. but through the marriage things will change money family and other things will be aquired. If someone is staying home to raise a family and not working out of the home that person should receive something. Becasue the gave up their career to raise a family and this is worth everything.

Best Answer

YES, YES & a resounding YES! why? because i believe in the word "REALITY CHECK".

Best Answer