tricky80 tricky80 31-35, M 11 Answers Oct 17, 2012 in Community

no, it is an english tradition celebrating the fact that the plot to blow up the houses of parliament & put an imposter on the throne was foiled.<br />
however i do agree with them only being set off on november 5th !

Best Answer

I am generally for more freedom than less, but I do see fireworks as a potential hazard to others. They create air pollution and often bits and pieces of them are left on the ground. I get concerned on our 4th of July here in the states, because we often have cut hay laying in our field around that time and one of our neighbors is not careful with their fireworks. I really don't want to see my home and neighborhood go up in flames, because of someone else's carelessness. I believe licensing is a good idea. Freedom, yet with responsibility.

Best Answer

in the UK they start to sell them about 4 weeks before bonfire night so all the idiots are scaring animals and blowing up phone boxs for this time

Best Answer

They are banned for private use where I live ... but that doesn't stop anyone, unfortunately.

Best Answer

In the US, you are not aloud to buy things like Mortars unless you have a license, are warding off unwanted birds, or warning an oncoming train of danger.

Best Answer

Actually in my state, WA mortars are legal...and a ton of other load *** fireworks.
I dread the fourth of July every year. They start selling the fireworks a week before the 4th, and supposedly you can only set them off like the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. In practice I hear fireworks until about 12am from the day they start selling them and a week after. Sucks.

Best Answer

The point is, everyone says that on July 4th and December 31st, they are all trying to get rid of unwanted wild birds with hundreds of dollars of explosives.

Best Answer

Nope, I love fireworks. HOWEVER, I think people shouldn't be able to shoot them off later than 12am, as most people have to go to sleep for work the next day.

Best Answer

Wow .. most people who I know who work go to bed by 10 or 11 ... Midnight is pretty late to be making that much noise.

Best Answer

True, I guess.

Best Answer

I like it. You begin to weed out the idiots. <br />
Y'know, the under age youths who shoot fireworks at each other.

Best Answer

Yes i do.

Best Answer

Bloody Chinese. No offense meant.

Best Answer