Im not saying "Americans" are bad or attacking that group in any way, so anyone who reads this assuming I was is very confused and naive. I know there is a lot of anti-American sentiment, but the Americans themselves don't know any better and it's not their fault what they say or do. It makes me sad and disappointed in humanity to see us blame the victims, why should we blame 300 million people for their behavior and actions when they have absolutely no control over how they behave or act?
Millzie Millzie 18-21, M 11 Answers Mar 9 in Politics

you managed to make this offensive to Americans in about four different ways....thanks

Best Answer

I noticed that too. The gross generalization is pretty funny though.

Best Answer

Political correctness means that people cannot now be honest about their feelings and beliefs. People who are offended through nationalism are not citizens of the world. Only people who can see themselves as part of the one whole can help make the changes needed to bring about peace.

Best Answer

Most of us couldn't care less about political correctness. Contrary to what many people would like, we still have the right to free speech.

Best Answer

It may depend on the circles or cliques in which you prefer to spend your time. A fairly recent study on college students revealed that the largest majority believe we have too much free speech in the USA. Truly sad.

Best Answer

I couldn't care less about a study of a small portion of American society. If the current college crowd wants to change the U.S. Constitution, let them try.

Best Answer

You don't get the bigger picture, I think. Here in Panama there is no free speech, and many lawsuits are filed over people's opinions only. Anyway, we are off topic now. I think the USA has severe inflammatory effects on mental illness, and it is exemplified by the school shootings, for one thing.

Best Answer

So, you're saying that every single American has uncontrollable impulses?

Best Answer

Hahaha :)

Best Answer

Sorry, USA does not share ONE culture, there are a lot of different cultures there

Best Answer

Yes, there is so much pressure on people about who you should be, what you should have, how you look, what you do for living. All that pressure to make a living and achieve that "american dream" at certain age. How "underachievers" are considered a failure by the society.

Best Answer

To sum it up in one sentence, it's a competition between the offspring of immigrants in which the winners are rewarded and losers are punished. That's how it works, nothing super special, supernatural or magical about it in any way.

Best Answer

Yes. Our values are extremely materialistic, we have a low social IQ, there don't seem to be any adults, and mediocrity is considered good enough (assuming you mean USA (Estadaunidos) rather than the entire American continent).

Best Answer

I was defending American people, my point was not to offend anyone. We need to learn to separate people from culture if we want to kill these stereotypes, just because a culture or society is bad does not mean the people within it are inherently bad. It's like tossing a baby in a cradle out of a window because it's cradle is broken, mental health disorders are the effects of a corrupt culture, not the cause.

Best Answer

your post basically said that Americans can't be blamed because they can't help themselves....like Americans are pets or something

I know it is popular to bash America and American culture....especially on the internet...but there is a ton....a TON of good in America that is being ignored all the time so that people can make their small comments "dur dur 'murka" and it is getting old

Best Answer

No, she didn't. Dunning-Krueger is in play here.

Best Answer

country music acts have nothing to do with it

Best Answer

Cute.

Best Answer

I think other cultures are a whole lot worse on the psyche (they just don't have access to booze or doctors that dole out the latest, and most expensive, meds).

Best Answer

What the hell are you talking about????

Best Answer

Yes.

Best Answer

Its everybody for himself over there. Unlike here where we all pitch in to help each other when we need to.

Best Answer