not until they sober up. My wife is an alcoholic, and most of the time, she can't even remember all the rotten crap she does when she's drunk

Best Answer

Only if they are caught. Then it's just to get a lighter sentence in court.

Best Answer

Yes, they're capable, and they do feel remorse, and they feel like horrible people, so they drink to make it go away, and they do something else that they feel guilty about (even if it's drinking, itself) and feel horrible and remorseful, so they drink... and then feel horrible...

Best Answer

How true is that- a vicious cycle! Unfortunately, you have painted a picture of someone who is very close to me. Sad if nothing else!

Best Answer

capable, yes, but in my experience, the alcoholic is too involved with their alcohol to give a crap about anything else, and normally doesn't remember.

Best Answer

Yes.<br />
The problem is what they do about it!<br />
Because they may drink to escape the feelings.

Best Answer

Of course. All human beings are capable of remorse. The key is whether or not they do anything about what they've done.

Best Answer

No. The next drink wins in superiority. It's called ADDICTION.

Best Answer

yes. sometimes the remorse drives them to drink. but they can only pull themselves out because them. and sometimes they have to fight the urge to drink being overwhelmed with all they did and everyone they hurt. and go back to self-destruction.

Best Answer

No this will only occur when they admit they have a problem, I speakn from experience I was that ahole!

Best Answer