If so, what about flies, jellyfish, amoeba?
naturefreak1 naturefreak1 22-25, F 13 Answers Dec 2, 2012 in Hobbies

Yes if course. When you love them they love back. When you hurt them they cowar down and are scared as hurt. When you desipline them they feel humiliated and sorry. When you come him they are excited. And even wide animals feel enotions.

Best Answer

some animals definitely feel emotion to some extent.<br />
elephants mourn their dead, perform 'ceremonies' for them and bury their bones.<br />
I'm sure a lot of animals experience fear.<br />
How much emotion an animal feels would depends on lots of things and would vary a lot.

Best Answer

Animals actually feel the full spectrum of emotion. Or can at least under the right circumstance.There are certain broad emotional "plates" or 'templates" like anger, love, jealousy, hope that are shared by all creatures. The more subtle emotions are stacked on top of those and use them as a foundation. Just follow Maslow's hierarchy of needs up and down to get a feel for what emotions can be experienced at what level of survival. If we are dying of starvation killing an animal suddenly becomes an option where as if our lower ba<x>se needs are taken care of we can ascend the ladder to more subtle emotional frequencies. Animals are no different they just typically lack the proper circumstance to develop higher emotions. Dogs however have evolved along side mankind for long enough to develop anima (soul) projections ba<x>se on our facial ex<x>pressions and body language. Just like when a man looks at a woman and her appearance elicits love so to can a dog look at a mans face and feel love toward him or her. Animals operate on a slower frequency because they lack the super charger we have sitting on top of our brain but if you lower your rate of emotional resonance to match the animals and attune yourself (bond with it) you can then adjust your behavior and teach them, slowly, over time to feel the full spectrum of higher emotion. Even those such as reverence and awe. People do it all the time unconsciously just by loving them.

Best Answer

Yes.

Best Answer

Yes, certainly cats and dogs do.

Best Answer

ofcourse

Best Answer

Absolutely not. Emotion is born of thought.

Best Answer

How do you know for certain that they do not have thoughts?

Best Answer

Non-human animals do not have a sense of self, aside from, it is believed, some primates. Self-consciousness would be required for thought to create emotion.

Best Answer

So when a dog with its basic needs already met (food, exercise, elimination, etc.) sees its owner and rushes to that person, the dog's not expressing emotion ?

Best Answer

No. It's expressing loyalty to its master, the same as it would the leader of its pack if it were wild.

Best Answer

But isn't loyalty an emotion. And why is self-consciousness required for thought? - doesn't thought need a brain. And my emotions seem to arise without thought - "I don't know why I feel that way" why do you want an animal to think about emotions. And if every time an animal come up to me I kick it away doesn't it learn (requiring thought) I'll kick it or develop hate (an emotion). Wolves caught in a trap chewing the leg off - isn't that problem solving, and self-consciousness knowing the leg is what is holding the animal - both 'thought processes' your prerequisite for emotion. And when I see my cat study an upper surface before attempting a jump, and if that jump fails (not because it's impossible for that cat but just mis-judged it this time) the cat runs away - it's really hard for me not to think first it was thinking can I make it? how much effort to give? and I want to be at that place? and if it fails and runs away instead of trying again feeling embarrassment.

Best Answer