missmeganxoxo missmeganxoxo 22-25, F 34 Answers Jun 24, 2012

Absolutely.<br />
I've seen my pets grieve one another, and in the wild, elephants and other animals will "mourn" the loss of their families and friends in their own ways.

Best Answer

I think they do. I once saw a vid on youtube where two lions attacked a herd of wilderbeast and got a baby one. Then the wilderbeast all ran off, came back a couple of minutes later with all their mates and chased the lions off ! Hardcore.

Best Answer

Yes! When in the wild. The lions came and eat some of them up and the rest run. So I believe so.

Best Answer

Most definately. Just recently my neighbor burried his dog "deabalo" and D's momma and sister layed on his grave for two days. They also kept comming here to look for him because he loved to sleep on my front porch.

Best Answer

sure. half my family once told me the same bizarre story about witnessing a bunch of crows holding a funeral/wake. sorry i missed that

Best Answer

ive been searching for some videos on it. I wish they had more videos of that kind of stuff available to watch

Best Answer

funny, i don't think any of the kin got it on tape, and they seldom miss an opportunity

Best Answer

Absolutely. I witnessed it with a friend who has several cats. After one was killed by a car, the others searched and cried for him, for some days. One, with whom he had been particularly close, stopped eating for a time.

Best Answer

To be honest, they might grieve more than humans.

Best Answer

yes for sure

Best Answer

Yes! They do grieve the death. We had 2 pekingese, Bandit and Molly who were very close, and were almost inseparable. When Bandit died, Molly went from being very playful and fun loving to sad, serious, and depressed for almost a year. She stopped playing and became very quiet. She also came to me and cuddled for the companionship she had lost. As time wore on, she regained her former playfulness to a fair extent, but never to the "devil may care" attitude before she lost her furry best friend.

Best Answer

Yes. I've seen a mama dog grieve the death of her puppies. It is so sad to watch.

Best Answer

I have heard that elephants do.

Best Answer

I'm not sure how far animal self-awareness goes, but I believe it exists much more than we think, and I'm sure that, in the situation tou refer to, they do get lonelier and lonelier.

Best Answer

Yes. I believe that some species do and/or are capable of grieving

Best Answer

yes ... I saw a documentary about crows last year and that was eerie when one of their group died how that entire group of a hundred birds or so were stone silent for a minute or two ... almost like a funeral or the very least that moment of silence we all observe from time to time for someone

Best Answer

I have witnessed animal behavior, In many species I sense they do feel something.<br />
How it equates to Human feelings is beyond me.

Best Answer

I think they do.

Best Answer

Yes i have seen this. A freind of mine had two dogs and one died. The other clearly missed the other one for serveral days

Best Answer

yes

Best Answer

I know that we do.

Best Answer

I guess it really depends on the type of animal and if they have a pack mentality. Animals other than humans don't grieve as much as us humans due though, but I'm not a zoologist so I don't know why exactly.

Best Answer