I may not have phrased that question correctly, but you get the gist of my question... How many times have you seen apartments buildings (or high risers without floor number 13) without "Apartment or Unit Number 13"?
PrincessMaine PrincessMaine 46-50, F 10 Answers Nov 19, 2012 in WTK

I would never live on the thirteenth floor or the apartment 666.

Best Answer

It makes no difference at all. It's a quaint tradition and that's unusual; in today's world. I like it.

Best Answer

I rate this one up...

Best Answer

No idea what you mean. Sorry.

Best Answer

says a lot about the gullibility of human nature doesn't it...funny how bad luck numbers are different by culture.. in most Asian cultures 7 is a bad luck number but good luck in Western cultures.

Best Answer

Sure. <br />
This is America... Fish on Friday.<br />
No 13th floor or address anywhere...<br />
Okay, okay 1313 Mockingbird Lane, you<br />
got me.

Best Answer

it's their building..they can do what they like. Weird superstitious stuff can lower values of properties...so I can see why they would just skip it. Think about how much crime taking place in a house lowers it's value....

Best Answer

In order not to worry anyone and limit the chances of renting an apartment .. they eliminate #13. It's their choice and I see no problem with it. Some buildings don't even name a 13th floor .. it goes from 11 to 14.<br />
I'm not superstitious, but don't care what they number them .. it is meaningless to me.

Best Answer

don't think there is anything good or bad about a number... just our imagination

Best Answer

huh...is that true?

Best Answer

I don't think there's anything to that superstition. Where I live, our fire department has the numbers 660-679. I was the only one brave enough to use 666, but I did. It's the number three you've got to worry about.

Best Answer