Myfairlady1 Myfairlady1 46-50, F 21 Answers Jun 7 in Community

Oh Yes , These days Polite has been replaced with Profanity

Best Answer

Yes

Best Answer

Yes

Best Answer

It seems more and more that I end up holding a door for someone with no thanks given. If it happens, I always say, "Thank you, that's okay" in a loud voice soaked in sarcasm. They usually have the decency to look a little embarrassed ..

Best Answer

Yes very much so<br />
BUT as good manners is an increasingly lost art I can't blame people for not even trying. I went to town the other day and it started raining - so as I was going in through a door to a shopping arcade I politely held the door for the guy behind me. He immediately started looking in his bag for something so I couldn't let the door go. Another guy came through looking around clearly lost so I thought if I let the door go it might hit him I had better hold it. I did and a woman came through with no acknowledgment of my existence at all. I held on and as he came though the next guy said "where are the toilets" I pointed and he went off no other comment and certainly no thanks. So I was still holding the door a man outside approaching the door stopped to lower his brolly and shake it - so as he had stopped I released the door - it would be shut before he got there - and he could open it. I turned to walk off and he burst through and shouted at me telling me I was rude for clamming the door in his face. <br />
well really !!!!!!!!!!!

Best Answer

Some parents are trying hard to teach manners. When I was working at Walmart as a greeter there were parents who expected their children to greet me back respectfully & waited until they did before they moved on into the store. The most heart-touching sweetest moment was two pretty little girls who insisted on giving me the warmest hug as they came in with their mother.

Best Answer

That is nice to hear.

Best Answer

I think they didn't want to be responsible for little heathenistic problem children that would grow into adult trouble-makers.

Best Answer

Yes

Best Answer

Yup! Being polite is one the most things you can do. I'm polite to adults, kids, and seniors and act very good. Also with my teachers, and they trust me more.

Best Answer

That really is the best way to be.

Best Answer

Sadly I must agree with you!!!

Best Answer

Never completely lost....it's something to live clandestinely in this century, but it alwais remains my way.

Best Answer

I was brought up to be very polite

Best Answer

It's the same for me, but it's hard to be this way in some environments.....I live in South Italy, and, sometimes, experience situations where it's impossible to be polite.....but I'm not belivable in another way....so....

Best Answer

Are you Italian by birth or did you move there?

Best Answer

I was born in Italy (Sorrento - Naples province). And Always lived here, even though sometimes wish to escape from here....not as I don't love my country, but because I'm experiencing a long period of unemployment. No job here for those who lost their previous one when 50 years old....

Best Answer

Where I live it is hard to find work as well. I live in America in the state of Michigan, I think it is a beautiful state and have lived here most of my life.

Best Answer

Do you live in the capital of Michigan?

Best Answer

Agreed.Have had quite a few impolite responses here .

Best Answer

Indeed

Best Answer

had some lady laugh at me yesterday when i was polite to a gentleman yesterday........sad really

Best Answer

It is like some of them think you are the strange one and yes, that is sad.

Best Answer

*sad nod*

Best Answer

burp... huh.. what?

Best Answer

:P

Best Answer

;)

Best Answer

i dont think there are less polite people, its just that they dont get as much attention, everyone i s more interested i a holes

Best Answer

Id obey u

Best Answer

Did I ask?

Best Answer