jsmithemail jsmithemail 36-40, F 121 Answers May 18, 2012

I think it's real. I've seen them in stores.

Best Answer

like it!

Best Answer

can't top that!

Best Answer

haha

Best Answer

i think like all religious books and etc the bible has been misread or altered by the religious head for their own good. religion does not suck...the people running it do.

Best Answer

your so right to a point :)

Best Answer

It's merely a collection of stories that get retold as people see fit to retell it to fit their own motives and ideas.

Best Answer

good approach

Best Answer

No myth, I have a couple.

Best Answer

I think that there is much of the work of God in the Bible, and for the most part, I am grateful for and humbled by the direct quotes from Christ in the new testament.<br />
Further, I don't think that there is any book that has so influenced the world as the Bible has for so many thousands of years. The Jewish Faith, Muslim Faith and Christian Faith are all founded on the old testament texts, whil Christianity has adopted the New Testament, that has influenced and impacted the world as no other book ever has.<br />
I am concerned that I so often find what men have written in the New Testament is in such conflict with what Christ actually taught us. I think that most religions (Christian) are a pale reflection of what Christ taught, and there are very very few that I trust with their 'interpretation' of the Bible.<br />
In the end, I think it is a Holy book that people should absorb into their lives in their own way and in their own time.

Best Answer

If I had a book shop it would be found in the fiction section alone with all the other made up nonsence. Just my opinion which isn't worth out!

Best Answer

It is actually a compilation of ancient writings of which 20% were actually chosen for the work by a commission from the Roman Emperor Constantine. It was used for centuries by the state controlled church to manipulate European populations. It actually consists of mythology, ancient law, poetry, letters, and various "stories" which probably reflect a distortion of history.

Best Answer

No the Bible really does exist

Best Answer

the Bible is written by what is termed inspired ones in the faith , some were messengers of God or Prophets , parts of the bible are a collection of things found in old scrolls and notes , left behind from the past and over the years carefully assembled by scholars and scribes and people of the faith thorough the ages , so that we the people can come to the understanding of a creator of Heaven and earth and even grasp the concept that he loves us , and promises eternal life to those that believe in his word .<br />
I myself will stand by my testimony that i have heard this Gods voice for real and believe the bible to be true.<br />
Hearing his voice is one of my stories here on EP , read it if you wish , well , bye for now

Best Answer

dang, I wish He'd talk with me, I'd been asking for awhile now.

Best Answer

i've been asking him for money for a while now , can't wait to get up there and say hey , answer your email , i'm kidding so don't ask me for Gods email address lol

Best Answer

If you think, you know its a myth. <br />
I mean, they are lovely parables, but it is so self-contradictory, that it cannot actually be true. Plus, it was written well after the event supposedly occurred, older religions employ many of the same archetypes and even the events (such as the great flood), and then it was a political contingency that decided what went into the bible and what was left out.

Best Answer

yes, many traditions mention the flood. there may have even been one!

Best Answer

thinking does not = that I know it's only an option to be proven

Best Answer

There is some proof of horribly destructive localized floods, but since they didn't have satellite imaging, they might have assumed the whole world was flooded.

Best Answer

There is proof of many horribly destructive localized floods, but to a society without satellite imaging, they might have assumed it was the whole world.

Best Answer

There had to be a great flood somewhere, somehow. There are way too many stories about one form, as far as I know independent sources for one to have not happened.

Best Answer

Maybe it is that simple, but something great, did happen.

Best Answer

you do realize that the story of Gilgamesh is well older than your biblical flood story, and is nearly identical - right?
I am someone who has read and studied the bible, and yes, i am one of the "thinking people" because I think for myself. That is not an insult.
and if you actually read - i acknowledged that there were horrific floods, but that was not the "whole world" as the bible claims. so maybe you should actually read my posts and stop your pontificating.

Best Answer

i think it's real, but i find that the most difficult thing is to live my life with a constant acknowledgement that it is real. If only I could do that, then I could probably stop sinning because the Lord would always be in my head. But, unfortunately that is not the case, nor will it be the case until after I am risen.

Best Answer

Just keep asking for forgiveness, Ben. God will forgive you. Please take care.

Best Answer

Great advice! Thank God for faith and forgiveness and always there for us know matter what. Can't imagine my life without God in it.

Best Answer

Depends on your definition. For me, a myth is a story that contains information about a system of beliefs. So yes

Best Answer

you nailed it. the late great joseph campbell said, "a story that may be fiction on the outside, but true on the inside."

Best Answer

A Kindred spirit!!! another Joseph Campbell fan! And I like your avatar

Best Answer

like it!

Best Answer

And...I see you may be writing a historical novel?

Best Answer

Ok, since everyone else is being a smartass here is my answer.<br />
Yes I do know that bibles exist, so they are not a myth... Damn trolls...<br />
Any hoot, the contents of the bible however are complete bullshit. Ask a mathematician, there is a section where they claim that pi is exactly 3. Whereas anyone with a secondary education can tell you that it is an irrational number ie, 3.1415926.....<br />
The reason why the bible gets it wrong is because it is not the word of god, it was written by men in living in the stone age who could not have the techno-sociological means to understand the world as we do today. Although nothing in this world is completely certain, mathematics is the closest thing to it. And the bible can't even get that right. The bible is bullshit, and anyone who believes we should live by it belongs in the stoneage.

Best Answer

Math does produce certain answers. However for every answer math finds, another question is produced. Your example is proof. This particular "answer" to the question "what is ratio of the circumference of a circle to the diameter" has not been resolved. The attempt to answer to this question has been carried out to over a million digits, with no end in sight. In the applications that we use pi in, as long as we take it the same part of the answer we have figured out t every time we use it in that application, the exact number of pi becomes irrelevant. In which case 3 is just as good as long 3 is the number used every time that application, as 3.1415926........ You can use 3.14 if you need a tighter tolerance. or you can take it out to 3.1415926 and even further you want or need to the ratio of the circumference of a circle to the diameter will closer to being resolved. But is is still not answered.

Best Answer

As I stated before mathematics is the closest to certainty that humans will ever get. I never said it was certain.
Your argument does not justify the bible's validity in any way (though I doubt that you were arguing for the bible's validity in the first place). All it does is state the obvious that there will be always more that can be learned. What you have said about a question being produced for every answer that is made is just natural of any field of study.
Also what do you mean that the question hasn't been "resolved"?

Best Answer

coolfac3 what part of the Bible do you not want people living by. If people lived by the word of God whether they believed or not the world would be a heap better place to live. Have you even read any of it?

Best Answer

The parts about stoning disobedient children, selling daughters to their rapists for silver, bashing a baby's skull on a rock, and the part about pi equaling 3 come to mind.
And let's not forget the parts condoning, and regulating slavery.
How would THAT make the world a better place?

Best Answer

So let me get this right: are you condoning slavery?
Jesus actually approved of a lot of the old testament, and even used it in his teachings. Second Jesus also condoned acts of evil, such as killing the children of adulterers. If you can support the killing of innocent children, and slavery then you just prove my point sir.

Best Answer

No. I think it is a collection of fables created by clergy to keep their ancient flock in check.

Best Answer

Thertainly not,ith the betht thelling book of all time.

Best Answer

I believe it to be truth and not a myth.

Best Answer

All religion, and the books that go with them were invented by men to control men...nothing more

Best Answer

Bingo! :)

Best Answer

I don't just think it's a myth, I KNOW it is. I pity anyone gullible enough to be tricked into thinking otherwise.

Best Answer

I pity anyone gullible enough to believe we came from a blob or big .????? why the difference in all living beings, plant life etc. if you think a blob can evolve in all these varieties just because his feet stayed in the water he became a fish and he could not reach his food so he became an giraffe etc. GULLIBLE. there may be errors in the bible due to misspellings misunderstandings etc. but I believe most of it is correct and MY GOD CREATED it and me .

Best Answer

You fail to understand that the disbelief in a biblical god and the disbelief in evolution are not mutually exclusive. So your attack at the theory of evolution does not bolster your position or show that she is gullible.

Best Answer

I think the bible represents what mankind understood about God at the time(s) it was written. I believe in God. But I believe that my relationship with God is ba<x>sed upon the lessons learned from the men who wrote the bible as well as lessons learned in my life.<br />
So, if I had to answer the question as posed, I would have to say yes.

Best Answer

i think there are alot of good ideas in it. such as dont steal, dont !@#$ your neighbor's wife, and dont kill anybody unless they pray to a different invisible man than you do.

Best Answer

book of myths

Best Answer