thehummingowl thehummingowl 36-40, F 17 Answers Jul 9, 2012

Yes, it's a celebration of your life - you're living it - may as well enjoy it.

Best Answer

I think it's important to have a party every now and then. It doesn't need to be your birthday (altough it's always a good excuse), but you can't live without enjoying yourself.

Best Answer

No, at my age one more day is more important than one more year past

Best Answer

true...but you would think an 18 yr old would want to celebrate no...?

Best Answer

Birthdays stop being such a big deal once you're over 25 or so. Some people get all worked up about a particular birthday (30, 40, 50, 60, whatever) but I don't think it matters much until you're over 70. The bible guarantees us "3 score and 10 years" and even people who aren't religious (or follow some other religion) seem to be aware that 70 is some sort of milestone in the aging process. Once we hit 70 we're usually all too ready to brag about our age and after that, the older we get the more likely we are to want to make a big deal of it. I think that from age 25 to 69 we should just say "oh, I'm between" and leave it at that. :) Under 25 we want to celebrate birthdays because we're getting older and people should start treating us like adults. Over 69 we want to celebrate birthdays because we've survived another year. :)

Best Answer

As one gets older, the importance of the birthday reclines.

Best Answer

I often feel that the birthday person can be a bit arrogant and self-centered sometimes becuase they expect things to be done and bought for them. And if you don't live up to their high expectations you're suddenly not a good friend or family member. A simple 'happy birthday' does not cut it. They want you to spend money on them and plan out this huge party. I find it a little strange becuase we never act this for all days of the year.

I've had a friend I had known for a couple of years. She messaged me one day asking if I hated her. I asked her why she would say such a thing and she said I did not wish her a happy birthday. It's like people expect you to have their date stamped on your forehead and be the center of the world.

It just drives me nuts how birthday people can be a little extreme. It should be celebrated properly and in humbleness

Best Answer

I am beginning to think it is not ok, at least for me. I go all out for people I know birthdays and often my birthday go forgotten even though calendars are marked. After countless hurt feelings over this I decided to heck with it. Just another freaking day here out.

Best Answer

:(

Best Answer

I think its important to celebrate your birthday in the sense of being grateful that you are alive another year of your life, for death is always around the corner. You don't have to have a huge party or gits, just acknowledge how fortunate you are to still be alive.

Best Answer

When my birthday comes around me husband has to do everything I tell him. Feb, 17 must be the worst day in his life. He gets his payback on Dec, 21 though. So it's all good.=)

Best Answer

I don't celebrate mine.. other than I take the day off from work each year :)

Best Answer