I've read a lot of cases of child abuse in the past and two key issues worry me most. One is that they are scared to tell anyone for fear of not being believed, or feeling too ashamed, and the other is that when they tell close family, sometimes the family prefer not to have to deal with it, so accuse the child of lying, or just ignore the abuse. There are links to help now in many ways but I wonder how aware these children are, and how much confidence they have in them.
MisterGrey MisterGrey 46-50, M 7 Answers Oct 10, 2012 in Community

The simple answer to the question is yes,<br />
People tend to think children should be protected from the "horrors" of life. Education can be tailored, not every child is exposed to such behaviour there is no need to frighten the child population in general but common sense should prevail, we as parents are charged with the responsiblilty of teaching right and wrong, this simply extends the boundary alittle

Best Answer

Yeah absolutely. I'm from the UK and last week we had a documentary about a very popular TV star here who abused any number of children during the 70's and barely none of these children told anyone as they were pretty confused as to what was happening to them and why.

Best Answer

yes I read and was appalled I come from the UK too and remember watching him "helping "children Can't remember the name of the series

Best Answer

'Jim'll Fix it' I think the saddest thing was when that young woman who walked in on him molesting a 12 yr old girl said she felt he was such a well loved figure that nobody would believe her, and she was an adult saying that.

Best Answer

I agree it makes the world and the society we live in seem so untrustworthy on all levels with far to much protection for the perpetrators and precious little for the victims

Best Answer

I am also often appalled at how institutes like children's homes and young offenders institutes are such common places for predators, where they have no escape and sometimes very little protection by those running them.

Best Answer

yes.

Best Answer

Absolutely. That is more important that formal education. And should be prioritized over other educational content.

Best Answer

KIds often are able to find help when they lest expect it or from any available source once they get over their fear or someone who cares sees the signs of need

Best Answer

Yes, I think knowing who they can trust to be both discreet and reliable in helping is crucial.

Best Answer

Yes

Best Answer

Absolutely, yes.

Best Answer