My father is a christian, and all this time he's been saying things like "Yeah, aliens aren't real, we're alone in the universe", and "Time travel is ridiculous". But then he tells me that there is a "god" who can stop the sun from setting and can split an ocean in half? WTF
HaroldLauder HaroldLauder 16-17, M 24 Answers Jan 3 in Community

All the time, just google Pat Robertson, the richest evangelical christian in the world (american of course) has not donated a penny to any charity and employs slave labour in south african diamond mines..

Best Answer

What else is one supposed to use as labor in a S.African diamond mine?!?

Best Answer

I think everybody is hypocritical whether they would like to admit it or not.

Best Answer

YES!!!

Best Answer

i think everybody is hypocritical some time in life...

Best Answer

I think your question is very much about your father and nothing to do with Christianity. Please do not think that all Christians believe as he does.

Best Answer

I think everyone is hypocritical. Some hypocrisy is just easier to spot than others.

Best Answer

They all think differently, have their own views.

Best Answer

All religions are hypocritical. Its not just a Christian thing.

Best Answer

Your father does not represent all christians......However I will say that a fair share of their number are hypocritical. Just like every other mass movement.

Best Answer

I have meet Christians who are hypocrites. I have meet Christians who are more open minded then atheists or any other religion. I don't like Big-Name-Religion.

Best Answer

Absolutly they are hypocritcal!

Best Answer

Doesn't matter. Obama is still a muslim

Best Answer

I don't think people who truly follow Christianity have much of a choice but to be hypocritical.

Best Answer

No more so or less so than any other person. Either you are clear headed,commited, and true to your own personal sense of truth or you are not. It has nothing to do with what religion you chose to affiliate yourself with or not.

Best Answer

I wouldn't say hypocritical as such in principle. It is slightly inconsistent to believe in 'magic' of sorts in one place but not in another, however the basis of the Christian philosophy is that only God can perform said 'magic'.<br />
The more hypocritical Christians are those who's views are in direct opposition to those of Christ who was a pacifist, anti-wealth, anti-war, anti-death penalty, big on equality, tolerance etc. Big on giving to the poor and free healthcare.

Best Answer

Shower!

Best Answer

Being religious(Christian or not) is okay, but being a religious nut, is definitely hypocritical and much more.

Best Answer

sure, why not?

Best Answer

SOME are, sure.<br />
But you're implying that ALL are ba<x>sed on what you wrote and that is NOT correct.<br />
ALSO, many NON-Christians are hypocrites too.

Best Answer

BLAME OBAMA! AM I RIGHT?!

Best Answer

Michelle this time.

Best Answer

Michelle's not an Obama?

Best Answer

Uh, it's HER last name...

Best Answer

Some are? Read the bible and then ask yourself if there are truly ANY Christians who follow the word of god.

Best Answer

They all are as far as I am concerned. I have the dogs run off the idiots who come a knocking at the gate.

Best Answer