If you're so imaginative that you can see all of the ways the world can be better, living in it might be like a type of Hell, right?
Neuroticrabbit Neuroticrabbit 18-21 15 Answers Dec 8, 2012 in Community

Great question! Depression can be a catalyst for creativity but I don't think creativity causes depression. Creative people often suffer with depression. I believe creativity comes from unconventional thinking and many creative people need depression to take their mind out of auto pilot. This is a huge topic and I could go on for hours about it but creativity comes from parts of the brain most people usually don't use. Any life occurrence that causes you to think differently from auto pilot will also allow creative thinking to ramp up. This is why children are so creative they don't have a stock set of solutions. They use all parts of their brains with no filters to get solutions.

Best Answer

No. just thinking about the world makes you depressed and rage filled. You don't need to be creative. Most people either don't hunk about it or so but suppress it to the point where they don't care. The rest are just angry depressed loners waiting for the end. I'm wrestling with it today actually. The world and the most of the people in it fill me with a rage that don't go away and it hurts my head and my chest and makes me long for apocalypse. But yes it is like a ******* hell.

Best Answer

You're not alone. The majority of people are childishly irrational sheep whose morals only consist of what they've heard from authorities. They're basically living weapons waiting for an evil ruler to use them as pawns. There's no god, and life has no meaning. Our suffering is for nothing in the long run, and we will be entirely forgotten when we die. Meanwhile, the more rational people have to endure almost everyone else preaching their wacky delusions about karma and afterlives and objective morality. Good things happen to bad people and bad things happen to good people. We in more wealthy countries live lives of luxury while others starve to death elsewhere. We have to either work to obtain our basic needs or be ridiculed for getting them through other means. Freedom is mostly an illusion- we are slaves to our feelings and social conventions and scientific laws. Worst of all, people insist on bringing children into all of this and think that we should congratulate them for it.

Best Answer

Echoing my sentiments entirely. Although I think we both know we'll just be branded as angry bitter crazy people. But that's a cross we bear. It's gotten to the point now though that I know in s few years ill either take my own life or the stress of knowing this stuff will kill me. So I want to change the world. I want to help all I can who deserve a chance, even the playing field. I just font know what to do.

Best Answer

And you know, that's what people tell us to do. "If you hate the world so much, change it." As if I have the power to wipe out the human race. That's the best solution for all of life's problems. They only exist because people do. Starvation, cancer, depression, and oppression exist because people exist to experience them. There is no need for humanity to exist. Someone might say, "Well, that would be sad!" It is impossible for something to be sad if no one is around to have feelings about it. I'm too chicken to commit suicide at the moment, and I am concerned about the people I'd leave behind. That's another thing that sucks about life- that powerful, irrational will to survive.

Best Answer

Exactly. Although I don't want to survive. It's the actual experience of death that terrifies me. If I went to sleep now and didnt wake up I'd be extremely happy.

Best Answer

No you wouldn't; you'd be dead! ;)

Best Answer

Touche

Best Answer

I think that creativity is an outlet for emotions, which, when stymied and suppressed, lead to depression. I'll put it another way-- show me a happy, content artist, and I'll show you a mediocre, out of work person. When the souls are tortured, as it were, the masterpieces are created.

Best Answer

That might be a possibility if you look at the majority of people who suffers from depression are articulate and creative I don't know it could be

Best Answer

I thunk if your creative, your more likely to think about things in lots of different ways and at lots of different levels, which can lead to introspection and over-thinking which can definitely feed into a depressive cycle.<br />
It's a chicken and egg situation, which came first?

Best Answer

Well, almost all true artists in history were known to have some sort of mental problems, so I guess its possible. Creating is a really great outlet, and doctors encourage it, no matter what you are going through. I know that it helped me be more creative, because saw the other sides of things. And now that it is pretty much gone, I see both sides. Its wonderful :3

Best Answer

There's a certain type of melancholy thinking that is good for creativity. But I don't think that because you're depressed, you're creative.

Best Answer

dunno...i think creative people might be more likely to have other issues

Best Answer

sure, if people around you don't get it or show support

Best Answer

No.

Best Answer

Creativity causes a creation

Best Answer