Yes...it shouldn't matter if a person has tattoos and in other times and cultures it would have been highly taboo to NOT have tattoos. If a person is a qualified and good worker that is all that should matter.....unless he just reeks of sh*t and looks like he has been dumpster diving....it isn't unreasonable to be expected to be clean^^...that's just hygiene.

Best Answer

yes denying someone a job because of tattoos is discrimination. i have 15 tattoos and i work just as hard as anyone else. just because someone has tattoos doesn't mean that they are untrustworthy, or criminals. more and more people get tattoos every day. These companies need to get their heads out of their judgmently ***** and see people for who they are and not how they look. Discrimination is the same as racism.

Best Answer

It depends on where the tattoo is and what it says. I work at a marketing firm and many of our employees have multiple tattoos, that's completely fine. But when someone applies with knuckle tattoos for a sales position then there is just no way.

Best Answer

tattoos are a constitutional right as freedom of speech...my son is being turned down for jobs because of his tattoos..it IS discrimination and should not be allowed..he is highly intelligent and could work circles around the clean cut man..having no tattoos does not make you more dependable or intelligent..do you turn an ugly person away because you feel that your customers might think they are not pretty and should be kept away from the public?..even foreigners who are not even here legally will get the job before my american born hard working all of his life son!

Best Answer

Everyone seems to be getting tattoos these days....it is discrimination but corporate america doesn't look at it that way.

Best Answer

Depends on the job, the employer, and the tattoos.

Best Answer

I just type faster--I use all four paws

Best Answer

yes. what they decided to put on their body doesn't determine their work ethic.

Best Answer