LUKEIT LUKEIT 41-45, M 20 Answers Jun 5, 2012

yeah we can say but expecting something is not as bid wrong to ourselves by us, than to make blessings in life blurred in front of one expectation.lack of gratitude and selflessness with purity causes depression.because both these things if are absent then it ****** our sense of satisfaction....the basic need behind all needs.

Best Answer

Well there are two types of depression - clinical which is caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain (I think it is lack of seratonin, the feel good hormone) and this can be helped with the right medication, good food and exercise. Then there is reactive depression which is when a life event can cause short or long term depression ie a death of a close friend or relative, loss of employment, divorce, or any other life issue that can make us feel sad and lost. This is quite normal and only becomes a real problem when it is ongoing and there is loss of joy in living and then it may require medication. Hope this answer helps.

Best Answer

thanks,but i still think death, loss of employment,divorce,are all examples of life not meeting our preconceived expectations of how a happy and contented life should be.I am referring to people mentioned above who loose joy in living and need medication, will they be taking medication for depression because there expectations were shattered, and this resulted in a chemical imbalance it is interesting that you say they are two types of depression one of them a chemical imbalance,if this is so,what is the cause of second type of depression and what are they taking medication for if it is not a chemical imbalance in the brain . your answer is very Interesting thank you.

Best Answer

Yes, it can be one of the causes. Those who are perfectionists tend to become depressed due to never reaching their unrealistic standards.

Best Answer

Yes, but if everything always worked out according to our own plans, life wouldn't be as exciting, we wouldn't learn from mistakes, and God's plans for us, wouldn;t exist either. Learning to adapt and accept change is hard for everyone and no matter what tragedies befall us, they are meant to be there for a reason, except them as a part of life ask God to give you wisdom to understand them, guidance and love through them, and patience to deal with them . Then the ability to move on. We fall into it by thinking this is the best it will ever get, or why do good things never happen to me, or how do I get over it. You don't get over anything, you cope and move on, knowing eventually you will learn why you were there mentally in the first place. You never forget , you simply learn and move foward. Besides if you stay there too long you can't see the good when it does happen because you don't recognize it.

Best Answer

thank you this is all good reasoning .but it is more of a therapeutic answer to the question,I am simply looking for possible basic causes that trigger this problem in the first place. How ever your words of wisdom are wonderful, god bless you.

Best Answer

Well, I was going to delve more into the religious reasoning, but some get offended so I didn't. Now that I see you said God Bless me, I'll give you and even better opinion. If you look at the mental, carnal psycological reason, it is a chemical imbalance resulting from genetics or enviroment. If you look at it from a religious point it's when we allow Satan to control our emmotions, ( usually without our knowlege and understanding of the matter) and remain in that state, because he makes us think there is no hope and no help and no way out. That we are stuck to just being miserable. But If we realize the difference between what Satan wants us to believe, which is that emmotional problems and disorders are genetic and we have to accept it all and seek professional help, rather than it is him and turn to God , then we will get stuck. I'm not saying that people shouldn't take any of these problems seriously and shouldn't seek the help, after all God gave man the knowledge to handle these things. That is why we have doctors. But when we understand that Satan is the one that causes it , then we can turn to God too, and possibly get well, if that is his plan for us at the time.

Best Answer

there is a history in my family of depression even before i was born so it must be genetic, if not the devil must despise my entire family and my ancestors,all so you say god gave knowledge to man ,in your words that is why we have doctors ,why would god give false knowledge to some thing that he knows is not true, never the less i respect your faith,and i enjoy discussing God but some times he does not live up to my expectations LOL.

Best Answer

Just remember that for everything good God does, Satan has an equal and opposite reaction. ( like yin and yang) illness' can be passed down from genetics for the above named reasons. the things we see in this world as " just the way they are" is a lot bigger that just us. God and Satan control everything ( even though we have free will) all that is is the ability to make our own decisions. Where do you think the reasons for the decisions we make come from? Satan causes mental illness' . My point to all this is, instead of wondering why and where, just pray. Ask God for guidance in any situation. He doesn't like to see his children in pain or unhappy, and by coming to him he sees that you love and trust him enough to care what he can do for you. Never wollow in anything, learning to accept things we cannot change on our own is a part of life, and if things continue to stay the same after we pray, we have to accept that that is God's plan and that it happens in his time not ours. The problem with most people is they want to know why they should have to accept any of it. Or why God allows such things. He doesn't , but he is not allowed to intervene unless asked and then it is still on his terms, because he knows what is best. Its called blind faith. We are not rewarded for the things here on earth. But he did state he would give us the desires of our hearts.

Best Answer

Yep, that can be one of the reasons but I think there's always an underlying issue. If you weight your self worth by how much you can achieve then you're going to have some wild fluctuations when it may not even be your fault. It's like internalizing a problem or failure.

Best Answer

yes

Best Answer

No.<br />
In a person with a predisposition to depression, and negative patterns of interpreting life events, a serious let down could cause enough stress to trigger a depression... things like losing a child, job, partner, house, etc....<br />
Grief itself is not depression but just a healthy mourning of and adjustment to a severe loss, and it's OK, in time it usually heals itself.<br />
Disappointed expectations can cause a temporary self doubt or low mood, but most of us recover and learn from them.<br />
Depression is a much more serious condition. It is true that in serious depression that is a lack of expectations, a loss of hope or belief that anything better is possible.<br />
Every one can feel down for a while after expectations have failed, but clinical depression has altered brain chemistry, and doesn't change without seeking the right kind of positive intervention.

Best Answer

Totally agree with you,but what caused the altered brain chemistry?

Best Answer

Considering people with a real mental depressive disorder don't know why they are depressed and there is no reason for the onset of their depression I don't see how their expectation could have anything to do with their depression unless it is seasonal.

Best Answer

What do you mean unless it is seasonal?

Best Answer

Some people get depressed because of Christmas or Winter.. the lack of sunshine.. you can read up on it.

Best Answer

Exactly, the season was not what they expected or they could not accept it.How ever you do mention a real mental depressive disorder,so this is not a one size fits all question.

Best Answer

correct

Best Answer

Certainly. Of course there is also often a medical reason for it too. But myself I often feel that I haven't achieved enough & this brings me down. Then when you get down you find it hard to change anything.

Best Answer

probably is part of the reason!

Best Answer

yes i agree. thank you for replying

Best Answer

No, depression is caused, additionally, by a chemical imbalance.

Best Answer

I agree but what causes the imbalance ?

Best Answer

disapointement can definitely be one of the reasons. i know my depression comes from not having things my way;p

Best Answer

thanks for your honest reply

Best Answer

Many times, yes

Best Answer

thank you

Best Answer

there are probably many reasons for depression, that might just be one

Best Answer

Thanks i totally agree.

Best Answer

yes.

Best Answer

I guess things are not going your way.lol. thanks for replying

Best Answer

In many cases.

Best Answer