DragonKillerman DragonKillerman 18-21, M 14 Answers Oct 16, 2012 in Hobbies

Both in a way but far more important it's an avoidance of an emotional problem. <br />
Drugs mask the pain!

Best Answer

Wow nice answer thanks :)

Best Answer

No, they're separate issues. That doesn't mean you can't have both.

Best Answer

Any addict will tell you that they have issues with self hatred and shame. It is just part of the mentality you get when you become addicted to drugs. I don't think it is so much what you said, but I do believe that some people have a hard time getting off of drugs and accepting help because they don't feel worthy of happiness.

Best Answer

Whatever it is, it is surely a sign of a weakling and a loser.

Best Answer

Ofc, cigarettes is a drug aswell :) and alcohol

Best Answer

Perhaps theoretictly...but I think its more of an avoidence addiction.

Best Answer

You can't see your liver crumbling and brain getting pickled, but you can feel a hangover... no, it's still backwards, the reward is all up front.

Best Answer

huh.. good question. I think the latter.

Best Answer

Yes.

Best Answer

Yes. When I was addicted to pain killers I loved taking as many as I could. I thought it was cool. It's a destructive mind set. Listen to Alice in Chains. Layne Staley died of over dose. And mind you, I over dosed after letting a very good friend of mine shoot me up with heroin. I died, three times. He could have left me but he brought me to the hospital. A month later and a friend lost to over dose I finally went and seen a doctor and I'm only three days sober but I have two weeks left of the meds he gave me to help. It's a dark road my friend. The friend I lost, my best friend. Since grade school. Who introduced him to pain killers? Me. Get help

Best Answer

When a person is addicted, they are not in control; the drug is. The "functional" addict is a rarity. It's more common for a person to suffer a decline of character, of ability to take care of themselves or other, of honesty, of ability to even communicate or think of the future. The harsher the drug, the faster the decline. The new synthetics are incredible destructive and fast. Meth and crack rip away one's morals and recognition of the value of life. Some of the other drugs are slower but the decline is still there. An addict normally loses all sense of self-worth and many feel that they are not worth helping or saving. Many stop caring if they live or die. With this kind of phenomenon, self harm is just one more symptom of the overall decline. It's just part of the package.

Best Answer