DragonKillerman DragonKillerman 18-21, M 12 Answers Oct 16, 2012 in Hobbies

No, they're separate issues. That doesn't mean you can't have both.

Best Answer

Maybe....

If I asked my mum, who does counselling and is a recovering drug addict herself, she would say that some parts of the issue would be over self loathing, lack of self worth etc....but a major part would be over lack of self control....

In effect, if these people weren't addicted to drugs in the first place , it would be to something else....like food, alcohol, exercise, sex...y'know?

Their lack of ability to regulate turns something that may be good, bad or indifferent....into something far more dangerous....

Martika xx

Best Answer

Any addict will tell you that they have issues with self hatred and shame. It is just part of the mentality you get when you become addicted to drugs. I don't think it is so much what you said, but I do believe that some people have a hard time getting off of drugs and accepting help because they don't feel worthy of happiness.

Best Answer

Whatever it is, it is surely a sign of a weakling and a loser.

Best Answer

Ofc, cigarettes is a drug aswell :) and alcohol

Best Answer

Perhaps theoretictly...but I think its more of an avoidence addiction.

Best Answer

You can't see your liver crumbling and brain getting pickled, but you can feel a hangover... no, it's still backwards, the reward is all up front.

Best Answer

Both in a way but far more important it's an avoidance of an emotional problem.

Drugs mask the pain!

Best Answer

Wow nice answer thanks :)

Best Answer

huh.. good question. I think the latter.

Best Answer

When a person is addicted, they are not in control; the drug is. The "functional" addict is a rarity. It's more common for a person to suffer a decline of character, of ability to take care of themselves or other, of honesty, of ability to even communicate or think of the future. The harsher the drug, the faster the decline. The new synthetics are incredible destructive and fast. Meth and crack rip away one's morals and recognition of the value of life. Some of the other drugs are slower but the decline is still there. An addict normally loses all sense of self-worth and many feel that they are not worth helping or saving. Many stop caring if they live or die. With this kind of phenomenon, self harm is just one more symptom of the overall decline. It's just part of the package.

Best Answer