mikanippon mikanippon 22-25, F 14 Answers Feb 28, 2012

I don't think people on here who say they're suicidal really are. I mean honestly, if you were about to kill yourself would you go online and tell everyone about it? They just want attention. However, I think it would be fun to have psychologists monitor posts and occasionally give people summaries of their psyche for free. And that way we'd be able to find people who are ACTUALLY suicidal.

Best Answer

that's b fun I'd get a message "dear boklenhle you need to see a therapist."

Best Answer

I've always thought why they would be online and even mention it. It's not like we can't stop them that easy.

Best Answer

I know, right? It'd be great! XDD

Best Answer

People who are suicidal do sometimes tell people.

Best Answer

they do, I talked one guy outta it.. but he tried a few months later and would've died had his brother not walked in.

Best Answer

I know, right? Why would you spend your last moments talking online to people you don't even know?

Best Answer

Yeah, but you'd think it'd be some one they know.

Best Answer

Yeah, I know they talk to people, but random people online that you don't know? I have nothing against people who are suicidal, just people who pretend to be.

Best Answer

Lol

Best Answer

Do you mean Dr. Kevorkian?

Best Answer

No... I don't think that it's EP's responsibility to provide a professional therapist.... I think that anybody who is feeling suicidal wants to talk to a professional... they are very easy to find as well as most are free through hotlines and such. <br />
Also, I'm not suicidal because of personal beliefs (not religious) I hold for myself.. but if I was, I would think that I'd feel comfortable to post my feelings annonymously on a site like EP and hope to get feedback from others who genuinely understood.. who had been or are at the time feeling the same way, rather than someone who is automatically going to try to talk me out of it. That would seem, I would think more condescending or patronizing than helpful... although I could be wrong on that....<br />
Anyway... when I read some of the replies here, I'm sort of surprised at how many seem to think that those who write that they want to kill themselves are only doing it for attention. I mean.. I'm sure there are a portion of those who do just that. But also, I bet that just as many if not more are truly serious and they don't know anywhere or anyone else to tell of their feelings and feel they can do so with out worring about being dragged off to the luny bin or something. Thing is, there is really no way without actually knowing the person posting these things, to know for sure which ones are just looking for drama, seeking attention, etc... and which ones are seriously in real emotional trouble.... It's not for me to attempt to tell anyone else how to react to these, but personally, I'd rather make a fool of myself trying to help someone who's just clowning around, than just assume that they are not serious.... only to find out too late that they were DEADLY serious....

Best Answer

Drama mostly.

Best Answer

Yeah that'll be a good idea actually.

Best Answer

No, but a public message on where to go for help would be good.

Best Answer

EP has a suicide group that contains a big banner with a number for a national suicide hotline. I thought that was kinda cool.

Best Answer

That really is a good thing. Very cool.

Best Answer

they used to have a number posted that if you need help to call it, but i haven't seen it in a long time.

Best Answer

I think they should have a suicide bot like one of the other sites I frequent has. It pops up and gives information to help lines and such whenever certain words are used in the question.

Best Answer

They do? Man, a couple of years ago, there seamed to be a lot more. Are they posting somewhere other than the Q&A?<br />
There is a hotline or contact of some sort. Here you go: <br />
http://help.experienceproject.com/customer/portal/topics/179557-crisis-and-emergencies/articles

Best Answer

It could be helpful. Certainly some of the people here do not help those who say they are suicidal. I have seen people here actually encourage the person to self-harm. It is horrible

Best Answer

I think that most of those people just believe that the person is trolling. Not many people would encourage if they really believed that person was going to commit suicide.

Best Answer

Nine times out of ten, they are very young. Why is it that young people don't enjoy their childhoods these days? Those are some awesome years.

Best Answer

Not everyone had or has the perfect childhood to enjoy while eating butterflies and pooping rainbows.

Best Answer

Haha!! Oh, nice assumption! That almost feels directed at me, just... indirectly.
I loved my childhood despite the fact I watched people get shot in the head at 9 years old, practically did not have a family, the only way I knew my brother was through bars, had to raise my self for the most part, etc...
Yet, all that did not bother me because I went off and found that, despite all the hell, there was still lots of wonder to be had. I just learned from my families mistakes and moved on with my own life, I write my own story.

Best Answer